X9 Garage doors major issue

tommy1

In X9, just tried using the carriage doors ( glass across top) for an 8' or 9' wide garage door. It doesn't work right AT ALL. Even my custom garage doors with glass don't work. THIS ALL WORKED FINE IN X8 and still does. Am I missing something?

No issues here.

Make sure under "Options" you have the number of vertical panels set to 1.

But I'm just guessing..since you didn't post anything about what kind of results you're getting.

3D.jpg

1.PNG

Thank you Jonathan & Michael, setting to one panel is the answer. This is a new setting in X9.

Solver, It wouldn't matter which door I used for they would all be wrong depending on the numbers of panels chosen. 

Also just so you know, by default, it was set at 4 panels which is what through me off.

Edited by tommy1

16 hours ago, HamlinBC said:

No issues here.

Make sure under "Options" you have the number of vertical panels set to 1. Mine is set to "1 vertical panel" by default in x8

I'm still using x8 and haven't been able to figure out how to put glass in the standard (Overhead style) doors since the xVersions started. What is the logic behind having the setting at "1-Vertical Panel"? The example shows 3-Vertical Panels with the top panel having the glass. Makes no sense to my way of thinking. Can find nothing in my "Users Manual" on putting glass in a garage door. Did I miss it?

But I'm just guessing..since you didn't post anything about what kind of results you're getting.

3D.jpg

1.PNG

I

Okay, this is a test that I did. All based on an 8' wide garage door. I never use the default out of box default profile plan that comes with Chief (Profile.plan). I usually bring a profile plan forward one time. Every two versions, I create a new profile plan. In the example below, I open a plan, go to My Documents>Chiefs data folder>templates>Profile.plan>open.

Using an X8 default profile plan (Profile.plan):

Place an exterior door>make it 8' wide>make it a garage door. By default, it will show 4 vertical panels, BUT if you go to the library for garage doors and select the carriage CHD04 door, the vertical panels automatically changes by default to 1 panel.

Using an X9 default profile plan (Profile.plan):

Do the same thing. The only difference is that when you go to the library to change the door to a CHD04 door, the vertical count stays at 4 and doesn't default to 1 like it did in X8.

This is what I found.

BTW, I never noticed this setting before in previous versions which was obviously there.

I still don't understand the "1-Vertical Panel" thing. There aren't too many single panel garage doors (my grandfather's was and it had upper lites) used today so I don't understand why a door with more than one panel needs to be designated as 1-vertical panel in order to show the upper panel with glass? In older versions, I could put glass in the upper panels of plain garage doors (before we had the fancy carriage house style door library). Seems like Chief takes away some good basic stuff when they add fluff on a regular basis.-bb