U-Shape Stairs - Railing

jorgearaya

Stairs in U-Shape with a gap in between to allow for a "Solid wall railing" that follows the stairs do not generate the "Solid wall railing" at the landing.

Chief generates the railing for the landing disregarding the walls around the stairs telling it to create the walls following the stairs.

The walls for the stairs generate but, not, for the landing portion where the "U" is created.

Tried several options with that specific wall portion without the desired results.

STAIR SOLID WALL.PNG

Yup, something is going on, I tried raising the railing to have the wall show up, but, it messes up the rail.

Here the rail wants to follow the incline, the wall may just be the "railing" for the landing.

Chief is not reading the railing on the landing to connect it to the walls, or the "wall" has nothing to reference to (stairs) to follow.

I think stairs are much better than they were years ago but there's still some things about stairs that haven't been perfected yet ... and may never be.  In the image below, I have cobbled together what I think is about what you are after ... maybe not.  There are probably better ways to come up with a satisfactory result, if you want your camera views to look good.

stairscobbledtogether.JPG

Curt,

I did get the same result, Chief needs to address this (bug) issue, fix the way wall railings interact with the landing, which I think is causing the problem.

The wall recognizes the stairs and does what it needs to do, but, not the landing.

The landing here knows it needs a railing and generates a broken up one, the "default" in its settings, not the solid wall railing, independent from the "walls".

We keep supporting the software, there are some things that need fixing right away!

I just realized that the "Solid Wall Railing" specified as 36" height, does not meet code! 

CRCR312.1.2 Exception 2 says: Where the top of the guard serves as a handrail on the open sides of stairs, ... shall be not less than 34 inches and not more than 38 inches as measured vertically from a line connecting the leading edges of the treads.

I took a section of my stairs and oh my!! the rail specified at 36 inches is only 29 inches to the top of the handrail.

Does this have to do with selecting "Follow Stairs"? And it is measuring from the bottom of the stringer up at a right angle from it.