Story Pole Dimensions - Elevation Markers

Soutex

Hi, I am very new to CA. I am using story pole dimensions and have a question. 

Can the Elevation Marker labeled 0' be deleted, if so how?

My setting are:

GENERAL: (Position) Dimension Left & Right  (Options) Dimensions between Elevation Markers  - LOCATE OBJECTS: (Openings) Sides

If no options are selected under openings then this elevation marker goes away but I want to show the dimensions for window and door heights so I can't uncheck that box.

Thanks in advance for the help!

grade level.pdf

I tried to drag it and  would only move it. I posted question to soon I just found out how to hide it, maybe it will help someone else.  You can  turn marker text off and then drag line down and hide it. I selected the elevation marker then clicked on OPEN OBJECT edit button and on the EXTENSIONS/MARKERS panel of the Dimension Line Specification dialog, select the number of the extension in the drop down list and then uncheck the box draw elevation marker and then drag the marker line even with the grade elevation marker. Thanks for the quick response.

Someone please post a demonstrational video for op...

Personally I have my default "locate elevations" down to the bare minimum - top of footing, highest rough ceiling and highest ridge. 

My "top of footing" is set to 0, as this is the accepted  "0" point in our neck of the woods. 

Then I just add in the other floors and elevations by dragging new points to wherever I want. I find it quicker than picking off unwanted points. 

• 1 year later...

I have set my terrain elevation by changing the "subfloor height above terrain" in the Terain Specification dialogue. This models the drawing the way I want, with the terrain showing where it should.

I left everything flat, no contours.

But when I use the story pole dimension, the grade level shows as 0.0 still.

Am I missing something?

How do I change the grade elevation on the story pole dimension?