Stucco pattern on elevation view

capitaldesigns

How do I add a stucco pattern to elevations of the addition walls only ? I do not want the existing walls to have this pattern.

When I use the adjust material definitions command to add the stucco pattern to the new addition walls, all of the walls, new

and existing get the stucco pattern. I have two different wall types in the plan. One is called "Stucco 4, Existing" and the other

is called "Stucco 4, New". How do I add the stucco pattern to the "Stucco 4, New" walls only ?

Thanks,

Mike

David,

Did you get that by using the OOTB stucco pattern? If so, please share what settings you used for spacing and line weight.  On a recent project, I had to resort to a laborious method using polylines with a solid fill and the "Sand" pattern, and still didn't get satisfactory results that looked as good as yours.Thank you

Thanks David,

How did you keep the stucco pattern to show on the new wall only ? I selected the adjust material definition icon then selected the wall I wanted the stucco pattern

to show on. I then selected material type and picked textured and 3" for spacing. This worked, but the stucco pattern shows on both the new wall and existing walls.

Scott said that I need to create two different materials for the stucco. One for the existing stucco without the stucco texture and the new stucco wall with the stucco

texture. I do not know how and where to do that.

Perry, you said that you do not do this any more because it will create a line between the new and existing walls. How would you suggest adding a stucco pattern

to the new walls only ?

Thanks,

Mike

15 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Between the 2 (new and existing) does Chief still create that line in vector view? That's why I don't do it anymore, unless they fixed that.

13 hours ago, dshall said:

Yep,  my issue also

It's the opposite for me - I actually prefer having the separation line in elevation views to show exactly where the new and existing walls meet. 

Stucco.thumb.PNG.43802275c2b0799424e25b07ef58de66.PNG

3 minutes ago, DavidJames said:

It's the opposite for me - I actually prefer having the separation line in elevation views to show exactly where the new and existing walls meet. 

Lemonaide out of lemons......  nice......  I get your point.....  I suppose my lemonade would be sweeter if the line was dashed......... but good argument.

7 minutes ago, DavidJames said:

Well, it's just not the correct way of doing it, the separation line should be dotted and the walls should be solid, automatically without having to manually do it.

Just now, DRAWZILLA said:

Well, it's just not the correct way of doing it, the separation line should be dotted and the walls should be solid, automatically without having to manually do it.

It is a slippery slope.....  okay,  so we show the new stucco walls as dotted,  but what about infill walls?  Do we now need to put in a pattern where windows have been removed and there is a stucco infill......  I think Perry and I are probably thinking alike,  we would rather this stuff be auto or not get into all of this extra cad stuff.

It seems like the more we can do,  the more is expected of the plans......  it just goes on and on.........  doing this extra stuff takes time,  so it costs more.......  what did the builders and framers do before we could do this fancy stuff?  Somehow they were able to build the project.  I am not saying this extra stuff is bad,  but I am asking is it worth the extra time and expense and does anybody appreciate the extra time that goes into the plans.

12 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

Perry, you said that you do not do this any more because it will create a line between the new and existing walls. How would you suggest adding a stucco pattern

to the new walls only ?

I don't do it anymore until Chief fixes this, been around a very long time. If I did, you have to create 2 different walls, 1 for new, and 1 for existing.  the pattern would be on the new stucco (transparent of course)  wall. Anytime you have two different materials join in Chief it will create a line in vector view . for me its easier to cross hatch the existing areas  using a white line so you don't have to outline the exact areas involved, put it in the front of the view, like a mask.