Frieze Board Issues

mdarch47

I am having some trouble with a seemingly simple issue.  Not getting frieze boards to show up consistently..mostly on gable ends.  I am sure it is a simple fix but have not been able to pin it down.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  See attached plan file done in X6/64bit.

Thanks,

Michael Dolce AIA Architect

Well.....if you have or find the "simple" fix to the seemingly random missing frieze boards, I would love to know what it is!!

I have dealt with this problem for all the years I have worked with Chief (v9) and honestly have no real explanation to how or why they show up and then don't. Same with roof returns. Best solution I have come up with, is to ignore the fact that they are missing, and many times they will re-appear like magic. If they don't re-appear, I will manually edit them when completing my final elevations and call it a day.

I know it sounds like I'm being a smart a$$, but I spent countless hours back in the day trying to figure out what I was doing to cause this issue, and finally cam to the realization that I am not the problem. And...to make matters worse, when I have reported the problem and sent a plan file to be looked at.....you guessed it, the frieze boards were there.

Good luck, and happy Chiefing!