Keeping plan templates updated

RL-inc

I have been committing myself to becoming more efficient with my work process and one of the biggies is to spend less time on duplicate tasks.

I am working to refine my plan templates so as to update my layersets and anno-sets based on what I find I am using the most.

( It is coming along as I expected- well worth the time and a few bumps in the road.)

The question I have is, when you are working on a plan and come up with a need for additional layersets or anno-sets do you just create as you go and then have to go back into the original plan template and duplicate so that the original template will always be updated.

Or is there a method that the savvy vet uses for keeping those new sets available to the templates you like to use.

(Michael- Perry- Scott-Joe.....looking your way maybe? ;))

I have done a search and didn't come up with anything that was in line with what I am trying to learn - but sure could have missed it somewhere.

1 hour ago, javatom said:

I write it down on a notepad and leave it there for a week or so.  If it still makes sense, I change the template.  The initial exuberance sometimes wears off and seems like a bad idea latter.

That really sounds like a very wise practice.   To me, the only downside is that some things will take longer to describe in writing then they would to simply make the change.   Very good advice though worth considering for anyone using any variation of the template method. 

Thanks for the replies-

So it sounds like there is no "automated" way to keep the template updated- understandable.

Also sounds lie there are many different methods in use for updating and copying plan and layout templates.

I will continue to research previous threads and work to improve my own method.