Defaulting to the last command

EmmaCox

I have 2 questions!

1. When I was using the transform/replicate command in Chief X3, it would remember the last command that I used it for.

For example:

I select an object and open the transform/replicate command and move & copy the object over 2ft.  

Next, I select a different object and open the transform/replicate command to move & copy the object over 3ft.. but the transform/replicate remembered that I had just copied and moved something so it already had the copy and move boxes checked off so I didn't have to check them off again.

Now, on X9 every time I go to use the transform/replicate command and open it, it defaults to just having the move box checked off all the time. So if I had just copied an object and want to do it again with a different object I have to go and check off the copy box again..

I know its not a big deal to just have to check off the copy box every time I want to copy something but it is more convenient to have the last command defaulted when copying things frequently..

Does anyone know how I can set this on X9, so that it defaults to the last command??  

2. When I would open a room specification in Chief X3, it would default to last tab I had open on the previous room specification I had open. 

For example:

I open a room specification in the kitchen to edit the ceiling height in the structures tab.

Next, I open the room specification in the bedroom to edit the ceiling height and it automatically has it open on the structures tab already.. 

Now, on X9 every time I open the room specification it has it defaulted to open on the general tab.  I know its not a big deal to have to just click on the structures tab again when I want to edit the heights, but usually I have to go through every room to edit the structure heights to make sure they are all the same... One extra step to click on the structures tab but it is more convenient if it is already open on that tab..

Can anyone help?

1 minute ago, glennw said:

Emma,

I checked back as far as X6 which does not remember Copy being checked.

I am not sure when and why it was changed.

I think "remembered settings" are always a hotly debated issue when it comes to software upgrades.   Those that tend to repeat the same tasks over and over absolutely love these remembered settings.  Those of us that change things up a lot however can absolutely hate these kind of settings.  

Personally??  When I open a dialog box up, I would much prefer that it always revert to its original state.   This way, I can habitually go right where I need to go without even thinking about it.   When settings are remembered, I'm forced to reassess the situation every time I open the dialog box up. This is an absolute efficiency killer for people like me.

I personally have never commented one way or another on the particular issues mentioned above, however… I HAVE very vocally opposed remembered settings in another software package.   I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking Chief probably received more complaints about these particular remembered settings then they did support for the same.   Unfortunately, complainers tend to have more impact than people who are happy. It's just the sad way things are. For this reason, I really like to try and thank people for doing a good job or for making welcome changes when I notice it.  

11 minutes ago, EmmaCox said:

Okay, thanks for the feedback guys! And Eric, mine looks like this with check boxes.

Transform Replicate Box.PNG

Just a quick note here in case you don't realize it...

For Copy, all you actually have to do is hit the space bar as soon as that dbx opens up to check the box, and then follow that up with tab to enter your desired number of copies.  

• Upvote 1