Vector View - line in elevation

SNestor

Wondering why I get this line showing in vector view where the brick on the gable wall meets the wall below?  The two walls are aligned...I checked this.  Is this typical...or is there something I can do about it?  Let me know if I need to post the plan to get a good answer to this question...

Also...regarding Vector Views.  When I'm in a camera view with the Vector View setting...and I turn a layer on or off...the screen re-draw is kind of like a movie...it fades in or out depending on what I've done.  Is this normal behavior?  

Also...is it correct that the vector view would be slower than standard view when scrolling on screen?

Thanks!

58d0272e60896_LineinBrickVeneer1.thumb.jpg.d3a331e224877e0e3c55f12838c06544.jpg

58d0277ad24b7_LineinBrickVeneer1-SV.thumb.jpg.02c6ca012b5c5fcc4c022b978b5e0fd1.jpg

You might also check that there is no gap between the two wall poly-lines to reduce the instances of unwanted lines but when sent to layout your best bet is adding (when found to be missing ) or eliminating such lines is the "Edit Layout" tool. It terms eliminating such lines before sending to layout, your choices are limited but with the use of the edit layout line tool you can make vector view objects near perfect.

DJP

To eliminate the line in Vector View...all I had to do was adjust the material definition using the "rainbow" tool.  I adjusted the "vertical position"...moving the brick down 1.5"...and BOOM...the line was gone.  Not sure why...but it's fixed and that's all I needed.  

So...if you ever encounter this...start with the "pattern" in the "material definition" dialogue box.  Make a small adjustment to the "vertical or horizontal position".  It may take trial and error to find the correct amount of movement needed to "fix" the line issue.

Before:

58d046e2bcbef_LineinBrickVeneer1.thumb.jpg.fb4150b6ad5b16aa4307b0bbab52bcf6.jpg

After:

58d0460176ba2_LineinBrick2.thumb.png.8befecf313757e8accce5e25e93ea8d9.png  

• Upvote 1