Unwanted lines showing up in elevation view

capitaldesigns

I am inputting an as-built floor plan into CA, At the rear of the house is a two story bay. On the second floor in

elevation view I am getting some unwanted line at the corners. I have tried redrawing the second floor walls

of the bay but I still get unwanted line on the north and east elevations.

I have attached my plan to this post. Can someone take a look at the two elevations and let me know

why this is happening and how I can correct it ?

Thank,

Mike

2017-02-As_Built_Plans.plan

Thanks Rich, Eric & Graeme for the help. Every thing looks good.

I have another question. When I send a plan to the group I can not get back into that plan file unless I completely turn off my computer and restart it again.

Over the last few months I have sent several plans to the group and every time I have to restart my computer in  order to open the plan file. Does anyone

else have this issue ?

Thanks again,

Mike

I spoke to technical support about this the first time when I could not get back into the file I sent the group.

They told me to restart the computer the computer after I sent the plan to the group.

When I try to open the plan after sending it to the group I get a message that the file may be open on

another computer. It's not on my end. Even it  was, why would that be a problem. What if I send the plan

to my engineer and he was using CA and was working on the structural plans. Is CA saying that we can

not both be working on the plan at the same time. He at his office an I at my office. That can be a problem.

Thanks,

Mike

50 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

I spoke to technical support about this the first time when I could not get back into the file I sent the group.

They told me to restart the computer the computer after I sent the plan to the group.

When I try to open the plan after sending it to the group I get a message that the file may be open on

another computer. It's not on my end. Even it  was, why would that be a problem. What if I send the plan

to my engineer and he was using CA and was working on the structural plans. Is CA saying that we can

not both be working on the plan at the same time. He at his office an I at my office. That can be a problem.

Thanks,

Mike

I doubt the message is saying the file may be open on another computer.  What is probably says is that the file may be in use by another application or something along those lines.  It sounds like whats probably happening is that the file is getting tied up by your web browser as Eric suggested or perhaps by one of the other related processes.  Something in your system sounds to be a little unusual though.

Anyway, I have never received that message when posting to the forum, but I have seen it come up from time to time due to other reasons.  My suggested workaround would be to either:

A.  Do as Eric suggested and try a different browser.

B.  Do as Eric suggested and create a copy of the plan and post that one instead.

C.  When the problem arises, cut or copy the plan to another location and you should be able to open it from there. 

Just a quick update on this issue with the file being locked up...

Another user had this problem recently and since they answered Eric's question and told us they were using  Internet Explorer I was very easily able to reproduce the problem.  If anyone else has this same problem, simply closing down Internet Explorer seems to free the file up.