how to update layout to newest version of plan

Lighthouse

Is there a way to have the layout update automatically (or manually) to the newest version of a plan?   I create plans with a lot of cad details that I send to layout.  As I iterate on the plan, I save it as a new version.  However, I end up with a layout that has details from the older version of the plan, which gets confusing.  For example, I have Plan 1 with details 1a and 1b.  Then I save Plan 1 as Plan 2 (a new iteration).  Plan 2 is now my current plan, and the details have been saved with it, so now I have Plan 2 with details 2a and 2b.  I would like to have my old Plan 1 on the layout update to Plan 2, along with the associated details.  I currently have to resend the details every time I change the plan, which is a lot of work with 30-40 details.   Am I missing something obvious?   Thanks

I avoid the issue by always having the same plan and layout name during the project by doing "save as"

I also do a "save as" adding date/time and other info first to create backups

doing a double "save as" is very quick - gives frequent backups - keeps plan and layout in sync

Lew

When I do a save-as for a plan file to preserve it at a certain stage or version, I add a suffix such as -a.plan; -b.plan, etc. The plan that I have linked to the layout never has a suffix, eliminating the need to adjust the linked file.