Incremental Moves

jennyultimate

I am a new Chief user coming from a 2020 background. There was an incremental move available where I could type in a value and use arrows to move an object that direction, in the value I asked. I had to put in a clients existing deck supports manually on a current project. I need to move some of them just by a few inches, but if I drag and drop, i may move them side to side as well and I do not want to do that. They are perfectly spaced on the "x" line and I just need to move them on the "y" line a tiny bit. 

Please help.

Thanks

Select the object/s start dragging them in the correct direction, press Tab, check Relative to Start, uncheck Polar.

Enter the move distance in Y Position.

Or

Set your Grid Snap to the required move distance and select and drag the object.

It will snap to the Grid Snap distance as you drag.

Or, instead of dragging the object, use one of the arrow keys to move it by the Grid Snap distance.

Or

Select the onject and use Transform/Replicate...Move.

Is that enough choice?

Glenn, you for forgot the point to point method.

Na, didn't forget it, I am assuming that he just wants to move a certain distance (with nothing to snap to as the target).

With point to point, you need an object as a target to snap to (otherwise click a random spot).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks you guys!  I found the closet thing to an incremental move is to set the snap settings @ a small measurement and then use the arrow keys. Still not quite as good as 2020 was for that. I could select the object in plan view, then type in any increments or fraction to move it and then use the directional arrow keys provided (12) to move the item anywhere, with or without a target. But I am getting used to the way that Chief does it and it seems to work ok.

Thanks again.