Designer100

Fireplace chimney issue and walls sticking above roof.

i would appreciate any advise /help on raising this brinck fireplace 30 in above peak roof (it is existing in this remodeling) and get rid of the walls sticking above the roof w/o affecting family room catheral ceiling.

Thanks,

Newell 

Tharp.Ben Remodeling.plan.7z

Like this? Make hole in roof -- drag walls up as needed.

The soffits sticking up through the roof need to be replaced with solids and shaped to match the roof.

Designer100.jpg

1 hour ago, Designer100 said:

can the soffits match the catheral ceiling and stop at clg.

No. Need to use solids. 

Take an elevation of the wall. Draw in a Polyline solid that may be shaped as needed. Set the thickness as desired.

I have tried what you guys suggested and cannot get the furrr down to stay under roof, nor chimney to go above roof. I took elevation and does not let me draw furrdown.  Also it is supposed to be cath. clg all across the family room and roof continues straight across same peak roof all across the house.

Tharp.Ben Remodeling.plan.zip

Roof .FP Issue.png

Family Rm cath.png

The roof was OK in the first plan you posted.

Turn off auto rebuild roofs. Make hole in roof plane where chimney needs to extend through roof. Walls will extend above roof plane. Shape walls as needed. Shape hole as needed.

Take elevation. Trace over the soffit (shown in blue) with a Polyline Solid. Shape the solid to follow the roof. Delete the soffit. Make the solid thicker and move into position in plan view.

Designer100 2.jpg

I have been trying for 3-4 hours . cannot solve the issue of family room and cath ceiling with, beam in middle and furr downs from top of bc to btm of cath. ceiling on each side of fireplace flush with fireplace wall on family room side. You can see roof is showing in picture. Remodeling existing fireplace needs to go thru roof. Issues with roof not looking right. 

I would appreciate any help. 

2017-01-20 (5).png

32 minutes ago, Designer100 said:

I have been trying for 3-4 hours . cannot solve the issue of family room and cath ceiling with, beam in middle and furr downs from top of bc to btm of cath. ceiling on each side of fireplace flush with fireplace wall on family room side. You can see roof is showing in picture. Remodeling existing fireplace needs to go thru roof. Issues with roof not looking right. 

I would appreciate any help. 

2017-01-20 (5).png

come on Newell,  how can we open this file?  It is not a CA file.

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 2.26.50 PM.png

Scot

IT is a zip file. you have to unzip it. I think microsoft's compression tool can unzip it.

Frank.

Newell,

I used a skylight set to a hole. (uncheck skylight in dbx) Then in a elevation determined height above floor for 30" above ridge. In this case 222" above. Set ceiling height in the room to 222". The 2 side walls in dbx set balloon thru ceiling to get them to reach the roof.

Tharp.Ben_Remodeling-EDIT.plan

how can I get the catheral wall toward fireplace to show correcting closing up clg. where you do not see under roof. I resent plan unzipped