Sign in to follow this  
SNestor

Gable End Detail

Wondering how you would create a gable end like the one shown in the attached.  The rake soffit is sloped until it reaches the wall...then the soffit is flat.  

Would I have to create (2) separate roof sections?  One roof would only be about 16" wide...basically just the overhang.  Then create another roof from the wall back...with a flat soffit?

Thanks...

Rake Overhang 1.png

That's the way I've done it.  I used a polyline solid to close and trim the pork chop.

Selecting the roof plane and unchecking boxed eaves doesn't give you what you want?

Here's a simple example of using (2) roof planes...it's a bit quirky.  

3 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Selecting the roof plane and unchecking boxed eaves doesn't give you what you want?

I don't want the entire soffit sloped...unchecking the "boxed eave" selection makes the entire soffit length sloped.  I just want the soffit sloped from the gable wall out to the rake.

Rake Overhang Ex1.plan

Rake Overhang 2.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kepine
    Newest Member
    kepine

• By StructEng58
      All,

I am working on a house that the customer wants a vaulted gable roof over the great room. I would like to get this gable roof to span the entire great room if I could, but can't seem to get the roof lines to work. I also don't want a very tall gable wall at the great room. See the below images to what I am talking about. I also attached the plan file for reference.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Chris
      Brundage.zip
    • By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have been learning a lot about building porches, both manually and using Railings.
      I used a Room Divider to make the concrete pad. Then a molding profile to add 4" around it. 
      I made a 1x1 sq profile and made my beam, and added in my columns.
      I built several porches trying different roofs, but end up with no gable end wall. 
      I tried added an exterior wall and making it an attic wall, which added some frieze boards, but the wall just covered my porch from concrete up.
      Not finding much on videos for porches.
      Thank you

• By srjbb97
      How do I get the siding to show up on in the gable? See attached pictures.. Also, what is the best way to align the eyebrows along the front?

Thanks in advanced..

Chief Architect X9

• By Designer100
      I cannot figure out how to ge small gable roof above Bedroom 4 on study side to fill out correctly, fascia not showing.. Also porte-co-chere on 1st floor roof to be flat with siding on left side on front part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

McafeeRemodelingNewplan.zip
    • By blueriver
      I have a persistent problem with gaps in my porch ceilings in between the finished surface and the underside of the roof structure.  I know it has to be a setting i have wrong but i cannot figure it out! Current project is a barndominium with a gable porch. 
      Thanks in advance