Tracing over an imported PDF floor plan

capitaldesigns

I am working on a TI job. I received the as-built plans in a PDF format. I imported the floor plan

into my plan so I can trace over it. 

What I would like to do is lighten up the PDF floor plan to a light gray so I can see the walls that

I have drawn better. I created a layer for the PDF and assigned it a light gray color. When I look at 

the PDF floor plans it's still has the dark black lines, nothing changed. With the lines in the PDF so

dark it's hard to see the walls I have drawn over them.

Is there a way to make the PDF floor plans lighter so I can more easily see the walls I have drawn over them?

Thanks,

Mike

Other options are convert the PDF to a png file which can be edited in a photo program. I use Bluebeam PDF revu (trial available) don't know if adobe Reader will do it but might. 

Or convert to dwg (think it was Rod Cole told me about) PDF to Cad, trial available. 

I find both programs invaluable. 

1 hour ago, capitaldesigns said:

Sounds good, How do I do that?

Sorry I should have explained. Import Your PDF into plan view and then draw a Rectangular Polyline over it. Open the Polyline and give it a solid white fill style and set the transparency to somewhere around 25% and then set it to back group and draw walls over top.  I suppose the nice part about this method is that you can put the Polyline Cad mask on it's own layer and turn it on and off.

PDF Cad Mask for grey lines.JPGPDF Cad Mask.JPG

>What I would like to do is lighten up the PDF floor plan to a light gray so I can see the walls that I have drawn better.

Normally all you have to do is to place the PDF in its own layer and specify BACK group.

I would suggest you watch the video <Tracing Over the Plan>, also turn off COLOR to see better. Point 6:32 addresses Pdf specifically.