Disappearing Flooring

HumbleChief

Never did get it fixed. I ended up using masks on the sections to hide the double slabs. Sent the plan in to tech and haven't heard back - not sure I will but if I find anything I'll post progress.

I had also previously marked this thread solved but it turns out that there's no way to auto build a mono slab 'without' "...both Floor Supplied by the Foundation Room Below AND Monolithic Slab Foundation checked for the main floor level."

This plan finds a way to build 2 slabs and I haven't figured out why but have moved on as described above by masking the 2 slabs in section views.

Never did get it fixed. I ended up using masks on the sections to hide the double slabs. Sent the plan in to tech and haven't heard back - not sure I will but if I find anything I'll post progress.

I had also previously marked this thread solved but it turns out that there's no way to auto build a mono slab 'without' "...both Floor Supplied by the Foundation Room Below AND Monolithic Slab Foundation checked for the main floor level."

This plan finds a way to build 2 slabs and I haven't figured out why but have moved on as described above by masking the 2 slabs in section views.

It could be the virtual slab acting up. Slabs are made from rooms, until you build a slab you get a virtual one. Just maybe for some reason your plans virtual slabs might be hanging around. Turn off auto slabs and try manually using the slab footing walls to create your foundation. I call my slab rooms, existing slab or new slab, and use the "Slab" reference in the room DBX.

I thought I sent this into tech but can't find a record for the submission so I went to re-submit to see what can be done. I opened the problem plan and re-built the slab to show the tech guys the double slab and lo and behold it built a single slab just like it should. Can't find a single thing wrong with the plan. SIGH...

Last post I promise. Glenn was helping trying to figure out the problem with this plan and with input from tech support it turns out that a thick (29") wall that was used to create a deep niche was too deep for Chief to deal with. Glenn discovered that 21" is as deep as this plan would tolerate. Anything over that and Chief built double slabs. Who knew?