Sign in to follow this  
DaViper

Move coordinate origin point?

I am needing to plot some survey points on a grid and need to move my origin point.  It is currently oriented at the top left corner of the page.  Is there a way to move this?

I am needing to plot some survey points on a grid and need to move my origin point.  It is currently oriented at the top left corner of the page.  Is there a way to move this?

Nope, but would be a nice feature to have.

That being said, I am sure there is a way around the situation.  You may be able to select everything and shift it in relation to the origin point.  If it is the x=0 y=0 point on the base grid that you are referring to?

You can't move the origin but what you can do is move everything in relation to the origin. I think edit area all floors and point-to-point move is probably your best bet.

Well that is sort of a CAD "need-to-have" but I guess I will make do.  The issue is that some of my points exist in other sectors of the cartesian map. IE, negative values. 

Next I will have to determine if I need to or can even add scale factors. 

Yes you can set up custom scale factors in Preferences under Unit Conversions but be careful.  What kind of data are you  working with?

We've suggested better control over the coordinate system for many versions - still no joy.