Griffin

Stair rails not displaying in Elevation View

Any suggestions for getting my stair rails to display in elevation?  Rails are set to Black with a Weight of 10, All ON.

post-10777-0-60532100-1475332310_thumb.png

Griffin post your plan I just drew a quick one and had no problems

post-439-0-54365900-1475334007_thumb.jpg

It is almost always a "setting" that is denying your desired result, check your settings in the stair dialog and find the one that is not working for you, there is NO other answer than settings.

DJP

PS: I AM SORRY I MISSED THE POINT THE FIRST TIME. IT APPEARS ON SECOND LOOK THAT YOU HAVE YOUR ELEVATION CAMERA VIEWPOINT TOO CLOSE OR PAST WHERE IT SHOULD BE. BACK IT UP A FEW FEET AND SEE IF THAT DOES NOT SOLVE YOUR CURRENT PROBLEM.

DJP

Thank you David and Chief.   I think the railings are only going to show with Color, but if I make a CAD detail from the Color version I get something useful.

If your railing is round make sure horizon lines is checked in preferences, render, general options. I had a similar problem with round columns and this fixed it.

• Upvote 1

If your railing is round make sure horizon lines is checked in preferences, render, general options. I had a similar problem with round columns and this fixed it.

Hey Diane, thanks for that tidbit.