any experts on importing terrain data want a gig?

Lighthouse

Hi,

I've got a house model in X5 that I need to import surveyor plot plan and terrain data into, get the house positioned properly, etc.   I don't want to spend time learning to do this as it's pretty infrequent for me.  Any experts that want to bill me to do this?

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

thanks

David

Light House Design

Hi,

I've got a house model in X5 that I need to import surveyor plot plan and terrain data into, get the house positioned properly, etc.   I don't want to spend time learning to do this as it's pretty infrequent for me.  Any experts that want to bill me to do this?

thanks

David

Light House Design

Probably not a bad place to post it.   Do you have an idea of what it is worth to you.  Are you thinking a 25.00 price or are you thinking the value is 500.00?  Give us a price and somebody might be interested........  anything under 27.50 and I ain't interested.

Where is the waterfall video when you need it for a laugh. Funniest thing on Earth.

That was a funny one,  I go back every 6 months or so and listen to it,  it cracks me up too.  The JC waterfall  video.  With JC's help I learned a bit from doing that.  I recently did some waterfalls on a pool design and it was so easy using JC's techniques.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Willing to pay up to $125.  Just to be clear, I have a X5 model of a house and deck.  I don't need any work on the model (well, it does have some rough terrain I put in that would be deleted).  I have a surveyor's dxf file that I have been able to import into a test plan to make sure I can see all the contours, etc.   I would send you the CA file and the DXF file.  You would import the DXF and position the house in the proper orientation with respect to the terrain (or vice versa).  That's basically it.  I did this years ago but don't have time in the next couple days to mess with it.  Oh, I forgot that part- I need it done by end of day Thursday.  If interested please send email so we can communicate directly.

thx

D

Hi,

I've got a house model in X5 that I need to import surveyor plot plan and terrain data into, get the house positioned properly, etc. I don't want to spend time learning to do this as it's pretty infrequent for me. Any experts that want to bill me to do this?

thanks

David

Light House Design

I expect that if you just posted your data file, several people here would do it for free.

Also what format are you using? delimited data or GPX? What is your reference Datum and where do you want 0,0 centered at, What are the dims (meters)?

IAE- that data must be in a format acceptable to chief. If GPX, chief will only accept schema 1.1 and then only waypoints/track and no route points.

if not in one of the above formats, someone would have to extract the data manually and create a new file or enter manually. If just in lat & long -- good luck with that.

IOW - You wasted a lot of time in not posting.

• 2 years later...

That was a funny one,  I go back every 6 months or so and listen to it,  it cracks me up too.  The JC waterfall  video.  With JC's help I learned a bit from doing that.  I recently did some waterfalls on a pool design and it was so easy using JC's techniques.

And where is the video?

Just looking for waterfall technique and can not find anywhere :-((