Walkout basement stuff

GeneDavis

Here is one problem with the way I did it, in putting the lower walkout floor on Floor 1, and the frostwall foundation under the exposed walls on Floor 0.

I am unable to send a "clean" foundation plan to layout.  I'll either have to send one like shown and CAD-draw the rest, or come up with another solution.

The pic attached is of Floor 1, with a layerset done to shown footings and foundation wall main layer only.  This is an ICF job.

Gene, do you use reference sets to show things as you want them?

Gene:

The images below are a simplified example of how I do my ICF walkout basements.  Most of the ICF projects I do have all the foundation walls ICF so that is what I am showing below.  As Perry suggested, I will use reference sets to show other "stuff" as needed such as plumbing fixtures for DWV penetrations through the slab.  For the basement floor plan, I will put the "additional" framed partition walls on their own layer so that they don't show on the foundation plan. 

Our area has a moderate seismic rating so I don't normally don't need structural engineering for the foundations provided I follow the manufacturer's and/or code prescriptive requirements for reinforcement, etc.  I am perfectly happy with having my basement as the "0" floor level and don't see much benefit in having the basement as floor 1 and the frost walls and footings below on floor 0.

post-191-0-33245600-1401303496_thumb.jpg     post-191-0-82922400-1401303529_thumb.jpg     post-191-0-17881000-1401303578_thumb.jpg      post-191-0-28823800-1401303612_thumb.jpg     post-191-0-03476000-1401303639_thumb.jpg

I need to put in a suggestion for being able to snap dimensions to wherever we put breaks in the bottom of a foundation wall where footing steps are to be located.  The same goes for the foundation plan view - we should be able to snap dimensions to the location of the footing/foundation wall step indicators .

Please note on the last 3D image that I used a material region to show where the parge cote was to be applied over the ICF forms.  I hadn't tried that before and it works pretty good.  I could have used the same for the below grade portions of the foundation requiring water proofing and/or drainage protection board.