Interior partition jacks

parkwest

The only time I draw partition/corner detail is when their are foundation hold down (Simpson HD's). The foundation contractor installing the stab anchors might think the corners may lap one way while the framer is thinking the opposite. Nice though to see someone thinking about getting insulation behind interior partitions by designating the "L" type partition. Nice job. 

The only time I draw partition/corner detail is when their are foundation hold down (Simpson HD's). The foundation contractor installing the stab anchors might think the corners may lap one way while the framer is thinking the opposite. Nice though to see someone thinking about getting insulation behind interior partitions by designating the "L" type partition. Nice job. 

Thanks Jeff.

I took a course back in the 80's that covered design and building of energy efficient homes and still implement most of what they taught today.  

Reminds me of when I was suprised when I was given an award for designing and building a 3800sf house on an ICF daylight basement, heated by a ground water heat pump, that cost less than $70/month to heat in Chelsea, MI... back in 1986.  I was a young kid and a lot of that stuff was unheard of then.

Try playing with the wall intersection check boxes in the structure tab of the wall when you open it.

attachicon.gifwall intersection.jpg

Jerry, not sure how adjusting the wall ends would help with installing L shaped jacks where the interior wall butts up to the exterior wall???

From the lack of responses to this question, I would guess CA does not have a way to change wall framing options.

Thanks for the suggestion.