p-solids in back clipped cross section?

Larry_Sweeney

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

I was working in a back clipped cross section and made a p-solid on a material (2x12 floor joist) with no problem. I then tried to make one "in space" (not on anything) and it disappeared, but when I look on the plan view, elevation view or render view it is there. I can go to a elevation and make a P-solid "in space" (not on anything) and it shows. Is this the way CA always worked with p-solids in back clipped views in earlier versions or is this some bug in X6? I was thinking the when the p-solid was made "in space" it would be placed in line with the camera.

David......I was in a back-clipped view. I could make a p-solid if I started on an object and it would show in that view. If I tried to make a p-solid not on an object (in open space) the p-solid would not show in the back clipped view. If I looked in plan view, render view or elevation view I could see the p-solid I had made in the back clipped view even though it did not show in the back clipped view when not made on an object.

• Solution

Larry,

This may help explain how psolids behave:

"A vertical polyline solid can be created in a cross section/elevation view in the same manner as in floor plan view. The polyline solid is placed in front of any objects visible in the view. If no objects are behind, the polyline solid is placed one foot in front of the camera."

Ah, one other thought.

Do you have "Clip to Sides" checked for the camera?

Glenn.......You came through again. When I set up the back clipped camera I had it at about 10"-----thus the p-solid would not show. I knew that the p-solid was suppose to set to the camera if it wasn't on an object, but I thought it was right on the line of the camera, not 12" in front of it. Many thanks. Your advice is always appreciated. Have a great day.