Printer drops all text and dimensions of PDF file

Krodek

Hi All

I save a plan to pdf and go to print.  If I send to my 13 year old HP plotter, the full size plans will print the file properly.  If I send the same pdf to my business copier/printer that is cheaper to run, and try to print 8x11 or 11x17 sized prints, none of the text boxes or dimensions show up.   I have a Kyocera KM-C2520 that is about 2005 vintage.  I used to be able to see the text previously, now I can't.  Of course, copier manufacturers and dealers are not interested in sorting out problems with "old" printers, they only want to sell you a new one.  I spent some $12,000 on this printer and as a small guy, can't afford some new unit just because of a text problem with my Chief pdf files.  I do use Chief Blueprint font, but there are other standard fonts on the pdf that don't print either.  And the HP plotter does just fine with whatever font.  So I don't know what to do.  Any ideas? 

Hi All

I save a plan to pdf and go to print.  If I send to my 13 year old HP plotter, the full size plans will print the file properly.  If I send the same pdf to my business copier/printer that is cheaper to run, and try to print 8x11 or 11x17 sized prints, none of the text boxes or dimensions show up.   I have a Kyocera KM-C2520 that is about 2005 vintage.  I used to be able to see the text previously, now I can't.  Of course, copier manufacturers and dealers are not interested in sorting out problems with "old" printers, they only want to sell you a new one.  I spent some $12,000 on this printer and as a small guy, can't afford some new unit just because of a text problem with my Chief pdf files.  I do use Chief Blueprint font, but there are other standard fonts on the pdf that don't print either.  And the HP plotter does just fine with whatever font.  So I don't know what to do.  Any ideas? 

Are you printing in color or grayscale?  And is your PDF in color or just black and white?  Also, how are you actually printing to PDF?