Laptop Issue

abqjim

Hi everyone,

I went ahead and bought myself an x6 hardware lock, I did the updates on my laptop including the video drivers. The lappy is  a Toshiba core I7  64 bit with 8 gigs of RAM running windows 7 and has an nvidia card. Chief runs in 2d beautifully, but when I try any 3d view I get a black box on the screen for less than a second and then an empty view window. No error messages,and All the tools are visible and functional, but no model appears in said window. Some of you know that I am a bit of a troubleshooter, but I am drawing a blank this evening. Thoughts? Suggestions? i will call tech support on Monday if no one has any working solution to share. I have my main rig and it is working fine, but I was hoping to resolve this on the weekend because the week is full.

Thanks in advance 

try a right click on empty desktop space

then select Nvidia from the context menu

this should give you the Nvidia control panel

some laptops are set to use shared ram until configured to use the video card instead

Lew

On my new HP laptop (Windows 8.1), you can right click on the X6 shortcut on the desktop and choose if you want it to run this program on the video card only. I did not have this option this way on my other HP laptop (Windows 7). This made a huge difference for me.