I have a condition where the first floor wall is a pony wall and the foundation wall below is also a pony wall.

When I build the foundation...the foundation pony wall does not automatically align properly with the frame pony wall above.  Have I set something wrong in the pony wall DBX or is there a way to get these walls to align properly...and automatically.

I've attached a sample plan.

post-227-0-56515000-1460041269_thumb.jpg

Pony Wall Example 1.plan

Steve,  there are plenty of different setting that will get you your desired results.  Yours are actually fine as they are.  Just click the "Align With Wall Above/Below" tool.  I suspect you made changes to your wall definitions after you built them and then just never realigned. 

Check where your main layer is set to for each type of wall. Brick, stud wall, concrete.

Well...I tried it again and it worked.  Everything is aligned.  

I think it didn't work the first time because like Michael suggested...I made some mods to the wall before creating the foundation.  I'm guess...but, if it works I'm happy.

Thanks for the help guys.  

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefJeet
    Newest Member
    ChiefJeet

• By HannaForestAsh
      When I place a window/door/etc. on a wall and type in the dimensions, sometimes it will move the edge of the wall instead of moving the window along the wall. (ie: if I have a 20' wall with a window on it, I want the length between the corner and the window to be 4'... instead of moving the window over on the wall, it will just extend the edge of the wall out past its original point so it's now 24'). Please help!! I'm not sure how to look up this issue so if there's a video on it already please direct me there!
    • By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By MichaelaS
      The wall shown is on the same plane with a false gable roof above only a portion. The wall from the interior will reflect the same ceiling height as the rest of the home, but from the front elevation I would like the wall to be taller to move my gable up. How can this be done in CA as the wall heights are dictated by the room's ceiling height?