Ghost Window

Rich_Winsor

In the words of the late great Marvin Gaye: "What's going on?" I found this crusty old broken window online (3D Warehouse I think) but when I put in my plan I'm getting weird results. Since my plan is a little quirky (to say the least) I have put 2 of the windows into a basic 4 wall plan to isolate the problem. When viewed from one side both windows perform as expected. But when viewed from the opposite side, the window in the far wall displays in front of the window in the near wall. Anybody have any ideas what's going on?

Broken Window test.plan

post-126-0-36174000-1399357458_thumb.png

3D Warehouse objects are free, they are not culled by any quality control, anywhere. The window you downloaded and used is poorly made, that is all there is to say other than "you get what you pay for". Some symbols from 3D Warehouse are well made and some are not relative to use in Chief Architect Software, that is all you are up against.

DJP

3D Warehouse objects are free, they are not culled by any quality control, anywhere. The window you downloaded and used is poorly made, that is all there is to say other than "you get what you pay for". Some symbols from 3D Warehouse are well made and some are not relative to use in Chief Architect Software, that is all you are up against.

DJP

Hi Ho David. I appreciate the time honored concept of GIGO

(garbage in, garbage out) and there seems to be an ongoing

debate about the value of much imported 3D content. Given

that I usually pass right over about 95% of what I find online,

I guess my question is how does one tell the potential quality

a downloaded object relative to its use in Chief Architect? Is

there something I should be looking for or is it simply a matter

of trial and error?