Understanding Annosets

Joe_Carrick

Joe,  those are more of a general overview,  they do not discuss setting the anon sets up.  Not really worth watching unless one already understands how they are initially set up.

Ron,  I think the best ones to start with are the ones on CHIEFTUTOR.

Dan Bauman just gave a free webinar about chief tips

his recommendation is to think of annosets as the old drafting stencils

one for 1/4", another for 1/2" etc

he recommends against using too many annosets

unless you really need them or know how to control all of them

having an annoset per layerset seems redundant

Dan will be offering X6 classes soon at WWW.CHIEFEXPERTS.COM

as of May 15 he will no longer be offering a lifetime memberships

after that there will be a fee per class (unless free) just like CA does

Lew

post-83-0-96820200-1398994723_thumb.jpg

• Downvote 1

Just to sing the praises of annosets, Scott, his videos, and this forum.

Back a little Scott and a few others convinced me of the value of annosets, I knew I seriously needed detail from view, that project browser would help and a few other niggling things.

About a month ago I converted one of my interiors licenses to premier.

Been fiddling with sets for just over a week while still working. Watched Scotts videos which made it a cinch.

(The ability to export and import the sets from plan to plan as I work on them is a real plus.)

In that short time I have experienced a huge increase in productivity.

Even more now that it is combined with detail from view (no more exporting to TurboCad to dimension cabinet parts that chief won't or playing "add line, copy and  move line dimension; why is it snapping to that?!@#@". I know standard practice is to avoid using detail to view but for me it is a godsend, project browser is a big help too.

I use Scott's method mostly but since I do kitchens and baths my sets are completely different.

The real plus for me is being able to quickly change dimension defaults- I need different things located in different circumstances. Also need allows me to work on something easily without haveing to continually tab to select what I want,  say wall cabinets without dealing with bases getting selected. I also have a number of CAD layers some of which never get printed.

Sets I have so far (besides most of the defaults which I left until I get all  settled)

Two that use feet and inches and locate dimension layer, and rough openings. Arch and demo arch- both of which are used when tracing the pdfs one of you guys send me.

For the rest the dimensions use inches, locate wall surface, and casings.

Demo; As Built; Cab plan; wall cab; base cab; counters; detail, Export (so I can send the architect dwgs after field measure).

Most have their own default dimensions and layerset but as Joe said there are some variations to the layerset use.Will be duplicating some of those and renaming to include the CAD guide layer so I can watch clearances.

Need to incorporate other scales into the mix.

I'm printing 11 x 17 most often but letter size for fax so can be printed at the other end- I've had to add other scales 3/8's for letter and larger jobs, many of my details are done at 1; 1 1/2; and 3" .

Still working on it my sets, wish I'd had this sooner.

Now if I could only get rid of some of those useless layers you folks need :) and find a way to get a decent correctly labeled cabinet list and map (I use Bluebeam for that and still for some notations )

• Upvote 1