Sign in to follow this  
ArchieD

Need Roof Help

Thought I was sailing towards the finish after my 2 week self-imposed crash course in HD Pro, but I have a hole in my roof.  Pretty sure it has something to do with my mishandling of an interior vaulted ceiling.  If anyone would have the time to take a look, I would be grateful (understatement).

RUPCICH 2nd FLOOR LAYOUT.plan

Is this an HD file or a Chief Architect Premier file? You are posting in the Premier forum.

The Home Designer products have their own forum -- HomeTalk. Please post there for the best help.

Yeah, definitely post over on the other forum, but for whatever its worth, that roof seems buggy to me.  I actually couldn't figure out how to fix it using auto build.  Auto roofs are building that roof all wrong for some reason.  Only way I could make it work was to do some of the roof manually. 

Same I had to manually edit the roof planes. Will let you know on a side note however that a few of your built in cabinets in the top right of the master closet are taller than your ceiling is in that room.

Nice catch Eric. Not sure if you realize why your solution works or not, but... Problem is that the wall on the lower left was drawn at a slight off angle. Open that wall and simply change the angle to 180 degrees and you're good to go. No need to delete it or drag the other wall over.

post-46-0-09871100-1455409071_thumb.png

I figured it was something like that Michael, but did not investigate -- was in a hurry to get someplace. Should have checked that -- so simple.

I put a wall across the bumpout, then turned off the roof in that room. Auto rebuild then showed a break at the start of that wall, so I figured it was off just a bit. Interior dimensions would not locate that wall either. 

Delete and redraw was an expedient way to make it correct.

Just wanted to let you know that I opened that wall, changed it to 180 and it now has a beautiful roof--no hole.  Thanks Michael.  And yes, I'm using HD, so I'll join the correct forum....thanks for that too.  By far the best part about this software is this forum....you guys have helped solve my worst headaches.