Line Drawings

Rosco2017

Attached is a clip of an image taken from Chief's samples gallery. (Credit of this photo goes to Joey Martin.) I can't figure out how to make the outline of my pic darker and the materials lighter like shown in this photo. I asked how to do this a while, but my builder liked the color drawings better.  I think that was on the old forum that I can't access for some reason now. Can someone steer me in the right direction please? 

post-58-0-29461500-1454988832_thumb.jpg

Okay, I did some more digging and found this video by David Michael, but when I do what he say and Shift select the plan, I don't get the same option to change the light weights. I assume since this was made several versions ago, that things have changed. How do I locate the dialogue box to make these changes?

Video Link: http://www.chieftutor.com/elevations/elevation.html

Dang it! I knew I would remember this crap if I just sat down and actually took a whack at it. When you send your elevation to layout, you can change the line weights in that box. After your elevation on the layout, you just click the image, open it up, and there is where you change the color... Good lord I just wasted everyone's time. I apologize for that.

I create a special elevation layerset for sending elevations to the layout, that way every time you re-send or change the layout view it's automatic and consistent in every view sent. In that layerset just use the line weights you want for windows, roofs, trim, doors. Highly customizable. You can also set plants to a light color so it doesn't choke a scene. Some of the old videos are wrong for X8, if you use live, you won't get any lineweight options. To get lineweight options you must use plot lines.

• Upvote 1

I create a special elevation layerset for sending elevations to the layout, that way every time you re-send or change the layout view it's automatic and consistent in every view sent.

Bingo. My layer set is called ELEVATIONS, EXTERIOR. All line weights and colors (grey scale) are set via the layer set.

• 2 months later...

Some of the old videos are wrong for X8, if you use live, you won't get any lineweight options. To get lineweight options you must use plot lines.

Perry, 

Mind explaining this a little more? line weight options in layout or plan?