3D Hvac !

NewAsia

Hello, 

I have just used Spriral Ducting in Bonus Catalogue to show my HVAC into 3D. And result is so amazing!!!

I don't worry about ceiling height will change my interior anymore because I could know exactly how my basement ceiling looks like when finish and design interior base on that correctly.

And this is my result.

post-1706-0-32067700-1449473930_thumb.jpg

post-1706-0-41989600-1449473932_thumb.jpg

post-1706-0-88698200-1449473934_thumb.jpg

post-1706-0-63500100-1449473990_thumb.jpg

post-1706-0-54578600-1449473992_thumb.jpg

post-1706-0-79121400-1449473994_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hello, 

I have just used Spriral Ducting in Bonus Catalogue to show my HVAC into 3D. And result is so amazing!!!

I don't worry about ceiling height will change my interior anymore because I could know exactly how my basement ceiling looks like when finish and design interior base on that correctly.

And this is my result.

That looks very nice.   I believe that can be done in CA.  I think it took more work than I believe you are letting on.   Specifically some "shaped" ductwork.....  easily done with psolids,  but definitely takes a bit of work.  

Here is a question for you,  the house is drawn.... how much time did it take you to put together that diagram...... 

I agree, I do HVAC/Plumbing in CATIA with VERY advanced CAD/CAM software Chief is not and it is still a PITA!  set my supports and it runs a auto-route that outputs material, end types, min distance between bends, etc.... I'd like to get some direction along with how long it took so I can try it? 

It is a good point since I seen others putting alot of effort like complex advanced surfacing roofs that would be time much better spent in software with those tools that is deigned to handle it. Sure we can take alot of time to force CA to but why? Time is $$. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    1badbear
    Newest Member
    1badbear

• By basilbabaa
      SITUATION:  X13 3D renders, when compared to X12, appear blurred, washed out, less vibrant in quality and the vector renders have excessive line weights in X13

Rather than hijack a previous topic thread, I am starting this topic as a result of a side conversation that emerged here-in:  

It appears that there are others experiencing this same issue, and so I thought I would begin this here in it's own topic thread.  
      Here is a Dropbox link to image and video files (generated on both a i9 and M1 Pro Max chips) depicting the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9zt4tagbuhsfkbi/AABsTnIW6DjT5uExeP6e5mcAa?dl=0

As a note, I have already opened a support case with Chief Technical Support and they have graciously offered to look into it:  

If anyone else is noticing lesser quality output with 3D rendering in X13 as compared to X12, perhaps we can share our experience and thoughts here as well as with support towards a workable solution.
    • By TimelessJohn
      Hi All,
      I have a small insignificant detail problem that I wish to resolve and wonder if anyone has a Tip or Trick to fixing the fact that my Steel I Beams show up perfectly in my Posts and Deck patio beams but not in my roof beams.

I have changed all of my defaults to I Beams in my settings to no avail, just curious if this a detail I will have to learn to live with or a glitch in Chief?

Also I would like my I beams to show in the interior walls and imagine in order for this to happen I will need to create a niche and paint it black steel? Correct?

Please see attached image.

Thank you in advance,
      John 
      Steel I Beam Issue.pdf
    • By tinadelllic
      Hi all!

I'd like to share some of my library content that I feel may be useful for others. These pieces are a mixed bag - some original work, but many are chief pieces that I modified or conveniently grouped. I  plan to add more from my collection over time. Please feel free to use/edit/adapt as you see fit!

Tina

SHARE #1: ELECTRICAL
      GFCI-DRAWER.calibz GARAGE-OPENER+GFCI:WP.calibz FURNACE-ELECTRIC+220V.calibz 6-INCH-EXISTING-CAN-LIGHT.calibz 220V (W:H).calibz AC+DISCONNECT+GFCI:WP_220V.calibz CLEARANCE-ELEC-PANEL-NOTE.calibz DUPLEX-DRAWER.calibz EV-CHARGER+50AMP.calibz GARAGE-OPENER+GFCI:WP.calibz RCPELEC LEGEND2022.calibz UNDER-TOP-CABINET-LIGHTING.calibz W:H-ELECTRIC-AND-220.calibz
    • By CharlesVolz
      I am a creative designer who has acquired unique experiences and perspectives from my collection of work as a designer and builder. I have degrees in structural engineering (BS Rice University) and architectural engineering (MS University of Texas at Austin) and have planned, designed, developed and built various, diverse projects over my 30-year career. 

I am a member of the American Institute of Building Design ("AIBD"), which provides quality continuing education to ensure its members remain current with technology, materials and building codes. AIBD holds its members to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.

I utilize the latest technology like GoToMeeting to work with customers live online and OBS Live to record "how-to" videos for builders, designers and DIYers, instructing home design using Chief Architect. Training includes Chief Architect versions X10, X11, X12 and X13 for beginners to intermediate.

I have worked with owners, builders, designers and architects from all over the U.S., Canada, New Zealand and England. I offer time-saving design assistance as well as expert training in Chief Architect. I am available to design your home from concept to working drawings, assist you in learning Chief Architect and/or improve your existing home design.

Whether you need a home designer or just a few hours of training, I can accommodate you.

Regards,
      Charles

Charles K. Volz
      Castlerock Designer Homes
      947 Cheyenne Creek
      San Antonio, Texas 78258
      Phone:  210 744-7489
      Email:   CVRE@sbcglobal.net
      Web:     CastlerockDesignerHomes.com
    • By jdfales
      Hi All
      My name is Jonathan Fales and I have been drawing plans and pulling permits all over the California Bay Area for over a decade now. A tremendous amount of my work is done through Via Builders Inc out of Los Altos, CA . Most everything you see on that website had me as the lead draftsman. I have answered comments and argued points with every municipality around. On the side I operate JDFales Plans & Permits where I currently have projects all over the state and even a few out of state jobs from time to time. Aside from traditional residential plans and permits I've traced PDFs, Made 3D models, added notations to already created plans.....you name it. I can do it. My background before drawing was construction of course. I've been a laborer, carpenter, project manager and now Draftsman. If you need to make sense out of construction jargon from a contractor or technical talk from the city/ county...I'm your translator. Email Me- Jdfales@gmail.com

-Jonathan Fales
      Chief Arch User Since X7