HaywardVT

Line showing through exterior in elevation view.

I can't figure out why this line is here, or what it represents. It only shows up in this view and sometimes while rotating the camera in 3D orthographic. I think it has something to do with where the floors meet, or maybe the lines that show the exterior material don't recognize that it's the same between floors and won't combine into one surface, but I'm not sure why that would happen on this wall and not the others.

post-8426-0-32132700-1447945276_thumb.png

Johnson Lot 43.plan

Don't ask me why but I moved the wall upstairs with the extraneous line and then moved it back. The line went away. It is possible the wall was slightly offset.

post-170-0-68214100-1447946943_thumb.jpg

Is it some thing like this? I am afraid to state the obvious.

Bye the way, you remind me about a joke, two guys sitting in a bus side by side, one asked the other "wa.....waaa....what ..t....t..time is it rrrright now" the other guy kept silent. Again the guy repeated questioning, asked several times and the guy is not talking at all. So some one else following the two, answered him "10:30". After one minute the silent guy getting close to the other whispered, saying "mmm.....mm..my ffffffriend I was af...fff...afraid you woulddd tttakkke it I wassss... making fun of youuuu." So obviously both had the same tongue problem, like you and me( English is my 99th language) no worries. Just say what you want, some one will understand and interpret to others, like they do it for me some times.

Don't ask me why but I moved the wall upstairs with the extraneous line and then moved it back. The line went away. It is possible the wall was slightly offset.

I zoomed in and out,  then a back clipped cross section,    kicked the cat and spit on the dog,  and it was fixed.

post-50-0-90497700-1447950776_thumb.png

I tried moving the walls out of position and back again, it fixed a similar problem I had before but it's not working this time. 

I don't know what the difference is between the backclipped cross section and cross section/elevation, but in the backclipped view I can only see the line causing the issue and can't select it. I'm not sure what to do now.

I see lines like that from time to time on my plans, even when the walls are perfectly aligned. I think there might be a bug there. Sometimes just selecting the wall and opening the dbx and closing it will make the unwanted line go away, sometimes not. Very hit and miss. And sometimes the line is there in vector view, but when you send the view to layout, it goes away. When it doesn't, I usually just end up using 'Edit Layout Lines' to delete it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    IanStewart
    Newest Member
    IanStewart

• By SPSEngineering
      Hi, I am trying to continue the exterior wall up to the dormer. When I exploded the auto dormer and extended the roofline it cuts off the gutter and eave boxes. I don't know if there is a better method for this or an easy fix, that's why I'm here. Thanks in advance. 

• By nancyscial
      I cant seem to figure out what this "line" is that is attaching from the wall end through the cabinet. That 'square' section of walls is full length and then it switches to half wall for a peninsula. Sometimes it lets me work with it just fine and then whenever I try to make that base cabinet bigger than 45" wide and line it up against the corner, that faint angled line from the wall end to the cabinet corner (under BCB42R) appears.

• By chrisped
      I have a home design that I am working on in home designer professional 2020.  Would eventually like to get it completed and then a set of construction prints for Nashville, Tennessee.  whidh means I will need floor plans and elevation views as well as a plot plan.  I have the plot drawn with some contour lines in the drawing I have developed.  The house faces about due west (not the best but that is the lot I have.    I have attached a picture of what I want the exterior rendering to look like.  Looking for job bid.  The plan file is zipped and attached.  Following needs to get done and then a front rendering and the file returned with the updates.  (Can pay via paypal etc)  
      1. Master bedroom vaulted ceiling following rafters up to height of 12 feet then flat across.  House rafters will be 2x8 or 2x6 depending on span.  
      2. Fix the roof planes
      3. Shed roof with 2 in 12 slope over the back deck.  Extends out about even with the master.  This is asphalt shingles.  Ceiling will follow the rafters
      4. The peaks (side and front larger dormer) should be board and batten not sided, the rest of the house sided, the foundation walls are stone
      5. Make sure chimney carries through to the roof from fireplace in family room.  Chimney is stone where it can be seen outside of house.
      6. The basement foundation walls connecting to the crawl space (unfinished area) should be only 5' tall (it would just be in one area)
      7. Front porch is to have a metal roof, rest of house is asphalt shingles (charcoal color but not black)
      8. Stairs should be 42" wide and should be fixed . Want them closed underneath. Somehow I cant get this to look right
      9. Need a front rendering showing view of the house for presentation to client
      10. Need file updated to reflect these changes and has to be readable with Home Designer Pro 2020
      11. Floor deck for both the first and second floor are 11-7/8 TJI with 3/4 subfloor (I think I have this right).

At any rate, looking for quote to get this done.  Thanks for looking.
      House Design Front Walkout.zip