Sign in to follow this  
Janelle

How do I create a nonrectangular slab?

Hello, I am having trouble figuring out how to create a nonrectangular slab. All of the tutorials (video or written) that I have found on chiefarchitect.com or elsewhere have only taught rectangular slabs. I have attached a picture of the two slabs I need to create. Does anyone know how to do this, and if so, may you please give me the steps required for it? Thank you.

post-8631-0-35887200-1447699609_thumb.jpg

If you're not creating the slab as part of the room's floor definition, then you can draw a polyline in the shape you need and use the Convert Polyline tool to create the slab.

Where exactly do you need to create them? If you have a room, and the floor is set to slab, you don't need to create it. Having said that, should you need to create a slab of an odd shape, simply draw lines into the rough shape, make sure it closes, and convert the shape to a slab.

post-70-0-66752500-1447700694_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

If you are simply trying to add the Foundation, use the Build>Floor>Build Foundation tool.

To modify a Rectangular "Stand Alone" slab, use the Break Tool to insert extra vertices that you can use as "Edit Handles".