Issues with customized sink

Alaskan_Son

I was working on a bathroom design yesterday and I ended up needing to replace a cabinet with another one (before you ask, the cabinet had been highly modified using the Split Vertically and Split Horizontally operations and I could no longer make the changes I needed to make so keeping it wasn't a viable option).  The problem is that I had set a sink into the original cabinet and had then proceeded to spend some time re-sizing it and changing materials to get it just right.  I guess I've never really noticed it till now, but once a sink is placed into a cabinet, it becomes part and parcel of that cabinet...If the cabinet is deleted the sink is deleted (even if that sink is dragged away from the cabinet), the sink cannot be cut or copied, and the sink cannot be selected and added to the library independently of the cabinet. 

After trying for probably 15 minutes to keep my customized sink, I ended up just deleting it and making those changes all over again. 

Is there something I'm missing?  Is there a way I could have kept the sink or added it to the library?

• 1 year later...
On 11/15/2015 at 1:11 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

I was working on a bathroom design yesterday and I ended up needing to replace a cabinet with another one (before you ask, the cabinet had been highly modified using the Split Vertically and Split Horizontally operations and I could no longer make the changes I needed to make so keeping it wasn't a viable option).  The problem is that I had set a sink into the original cabinet and had then proceeded to spend some time re-sizing it and changing materials to get it just right.  I guess I've never really noticed it till now, but once a sink is placed into a cabinet, it becomes part and parcel of that cabinet...If the cabinet is deleted the sink is deleted (even if that sink is dragged away from the cabinet), the sink cannot be cut or copied, and the sink cannot be selected and added to the library independently of the cabinet. 

After trying for probably 15 minutes to keep my customized small console sink , I ended up just deleting it and making those changes all over again. 

Is there something I'm missing?  Is there a way I could have kept the sink or added it to the library?

Hi

I think first you have to resize the counter top after that you can proceed with sink and sink cabinet because Sink is a Part of Counter Top and so you have resize it first.

As Barbara noted resize OR better move the counter away prior to placing the sink.

You want to get the warning message that the sink was designed to insert into a cabinet -despite sink symbol options listing "inserts into a countertop" -it doesn't, If warning doesn't pop up the sink is connected to the cabinet.