line drawing incomplete

jessde

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

X7

There is some detail missing and incomplete lines in my line drawings. is this normal? 

I tried drawing in the incomplete lines but then it is an obvious attempt to fix with the added lines being crisp and dark.

Any remedy for this ? Am I missing something here or is this something we just have to live with? 

Thanks for any comments.

Can you post a screenshot showing the "missing lines"?  I suspect whats going on is that you're not getting lines that YOU believe should be there but that Chief will never draw. 

Its a little difficult for me to fully describe, and I don't understand all of it, however Chief seems to use PATTERN settings for many of its lines (which may not look like the TEXTURE),  and edges for the rest.  It will not draw a line where a true edge does not exist.  For example, where 2 objects on 2 different planes occupy the same space...that inside edge won't draw even though you know its there.  To get that edge line to draw, you need to make sure one or both objects actually have an exposed edge at that location.  There are also some complex shapes that will have no lines show up because there is no specific edge to draw.  

Ok I sent the wrong view but this will work to show what I need. I tried different renderings  to compare each.

If you look at the south elevation ,which is a line drawing ,you can see the incomplete lines and detail. The most obvious is the west side upper windows area. 

the west wall where the windows are placed is curved which may be part of the issue. If you compare it to the north elevation, a technical drawing, you will see the lines in this area clearly. I'm just checking out the different renderings and may never use a line drawing but I'd like to understand the character of each. As I continue to learn this program I'm often confronted with things that don't act or display like I would expect. Most often I find that I'm not doing something correctly or my system is not up to the task.

Thanks to all who are helping me to clarify this.

No I did not send another image , I thought the first would be adequate to see how views compared.

It seems that what I'm hearing is that no one else is seeing the missing lines and details as I am. Could it be my graphics card as one person suggested? 

• Solution

I agree.  Not a video card issue.  It looks like one of the issues I described in my post above.  Chief won't draw lines where an EDGE does not exist.  This is an issue I really think needs to be fixed and something that should probably be added to the suggestion section. 

I agree.  Not a video card issue.  It looks like one of the issues I described in my post above.  Chief won't draw lines where an EDGE does not exist.  This is an issue I really think needs to be fixed and something that should probably be added to the suggestion section. 

Ok , I tried the line drawing view on another  computer with better graphics and found no significant improvement. I assume that you and Robert are correct and I should contact CA .

thank you all for your help.

Jess