X2 won't load into windows 8.1

Ray626

Go to solution Solved by Ray626,

I just purchased a new laptop with windows 8.1. I have older version Chief Architect X2 Lite is there any way to load it into 8.1 without spending $1,500 for newer version?

Chief Architect states that it can be done it just won't be supported.

Did you try installing it ?  you may need to set it's compatibility mode to Windows 7 or even XP , and perhaps set it to run as Administrator as well but worth a try.

the other option is to do a Dual boot on your new computer and install x2 on the other OS

Your new computer will get Win10 anyday too of course  

where did you download it from?  your Digital Locker at CA ?  

the file should just Run when you double click on it , however you want to be sure you trust the source of that file 100% before doing so , and have you CD Key ready.

M.

where did you download it from?  your Digital Locker at CA ?  

the file should just Run when you double click on it , however you want to be sure you trust the source of that file 100% before doing so , and have you CD Key ready.

M.

I downloaded from the digital locker. when I double click on it my windows 8.1 asks (How do I want to open this type of file) .

I have loaded it on to my windows 7 before with no problems

Yes I have CD key ready to go

right click on the file > properties> and make sure Win8.1 hasn't Locked the file , which it does if it comes from the internet and "thinks" it is an "unsafe" file type, ie it has an .exe extension, there will be a check box if it is locked .

Not sure what the extension is but it is likely .exe or .msi  , both of which are programs and they should just "run" they don't need another Program to run.

have you done all your Win8 Windows updates?  , the Windows Installer Program may need an update ?

M.

still can not get file to open. every time I click on download all it says is ( How do you want to open this type of file (.41[1])? )

And asks  Look for an app in the store

It is in down loads as  Chief Architect_Lite_Setup-12.2.1.41[1]  Type 41[1] File if this means anything

did you check what I said in post 7 ?  depending on you security settings Windows may have locked the file as it is an executable  ie .exe file

either that or Norton or something has locked it for the same reason as Dan said.

M.