Porch Roof

mountaineer

Randy ....You will see once you have been here a while that Scott has a pretty dry sense of humour, so I knew he was just making his point his humourous way, ( he likes to joke around Friday's it seems :) )  but I do agree with him in that working with YOUR Plan makes things much faster , knowing your version makes a big difference too, we could ( and have) spend hours explaining something only to find a Poster is on the wrong Forum and can't use any of the methods explained , which is why I asked you to update your Profile Signature above.

the how too:

***Go up to the top right of this page click on your User name, choose My Profile > hit green button  edit my Profile  and on left hand side Signature (4th item down) and add  your Name. version etc as we all do.***

Now I know you have X7 , I can also say  that you can manipulate the Gable I made above by selecting each side and changing the pitch and making the Eave height match the Porch roof plane eave height quite easily.  eg 6/12 

since you have X7,  I or Curt could of just posted you plan back for you to inspect too

post-315-0-14235300-1436555771_thumb.jpg

Cruz5_MH.plan

Mick,

Thanks again for the advice.  Hopefully I got the signature correct.  Thank you also for the feedback.  I enjoy helping others and can't thank you enough for taking the time out of your day to help me.  Hopefully someday I can return the favor.

I understand what Scott is asking, a simple post the plan would save everyone time, especially the OP. Scott is one of the greatest and most knowledgeable guys here and has helped everyone at one time or another, including myself. He has done over a thousand videos, helping people and users. OP, you shouldn't be rude to him, He is just trying to help you. I't will be your loss.

Perry, 

I'm sure you're right and I'm not here to make enemies.  I'm at work on a deadline and maybe just didn't appreciate using my thread to make side comments.  I just discovered this page and didn't realize the most effective way to get help.  I completely understand the need to post plans and will always post with my questions in the future.  The people on here have been amazing and I greatly appreciate any help that they offer.  I guess I took it the wrong way that instead of messaging me, he chose to interfere with someone who was willing to help. Peace and Love....Peace and Love....;)