mdworthen

Drafting Support Needed

Hey all, 

Just like a lot of you, we are getting busy and we need to find some experienced Chief drafters to help. Part time, work at your own schedule, Dropbox account needed. Looking for people with fairly in depth knowledge of Chief X7 and can work fast.

Sketches, photos and field measurements would be sent to you, for both new home and remodels. I also provide our full templates and details to work from. Some designing may be needed, but most will be done by myself or my lead designer. Basically just need skilled people to crank out plans.   

We work on a 1099 hourly basis, hours to be submitted daily, checks are cut once a month. We pay $15-20/ hour to start, will adjust as our system and plans are learned.

Please email me if interested, at info@ledgestonedesign.com, and send examples of your model building and plan work. Thanks all, have a good day today...

Try Home Depot.........

It will only take 180 hours of work to pay for the chief license to do the side work though.....Oh wait...have to buy a PC too.   Ok.....so about 300 hours of work @ $15/hr to pay for the license.   Sounds like a bargain to me.  Where do I sign up?

Ouch, I see that I've received some good criticism here on the forum....

Rest assured guys, I do understand your sentiment, and I know how you feel; however, this post is not meant for you. I'm looking for assistance from individuals who are willing to do some side work for a reasonable rate; with increases coming regularly (for example, my lead makes $35/ hr full time). If I was paying you guys top dollar for these projects, then I wouldn't make any money and therefore wouldn't be in business (...I'd then be a referral program). Keep in mind, when growing a business, this is how most operate; we hire employees or sub-contractors and pay them a little less than what we make OR what we charge the client... thus, generating profit and creating a successful business model. 

We already have several experienced guys interviewing right now, so [thankfully] it is working... I do value this forum and I do enjoy a little light-hearted criticism on occasion; it builds character. Thanks guys for your comments... 

Hope everyone has a good day...

While your carpenter rate is a good one I differ with your view of "reasonable" for someone doing CAD

with Chief.  A sub (1099) at 15/hr would have to pay 7 1/2% for social security as well as file quarterly

taxes and have their own insurances.  IF you work at a big box you can get $15 and they pay the SS

plus other benefits and there is no need for insurance.  IF you cannot pay more and still make a profit

you are doing something wrong or have really low end clients.  Something does not add up.

Not trying to beat up on you just presenting my point of view.

Cheers!

MD, glad that the light comments were not taken the wrong way. Good luck with your search.

........ I do value this forum and I do enjoy a little light-hearted criticism on occasion; it builds character. Thanks guys for your comments... 

Hope everyone has a good day...

I agree with Alan,  you are a good sport to put up with our nonsense.  Good luck....  I understand what you are doing.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530

• By james_carey
      Carey Bros,. Remodeling, a San Francisco Bay Area based Design-Build Remodeling Contractor for over four decades, is seeking a draftsperson and design professional. Individual must be proficient in Chief Architect and have the skill to create as-built drawings using measurements and sketches provided by Carey Bros. Kitchen, bathroom, and space planning experience a plus. All services to be provided off-site. Please provide resume and product examples. james@careybros.com. www.careybros.com.
    • By DCB123
      I am a creative Cadd designer with unique experience and perspective from my collection of work as a designer. I have 10 years experience as an engineering tech and cadd designer, working for architects and engineers.

I  use Chief Architect Premier X9 - X11(SSA member) and have used Chief Architect since Version X6, or for roughly 5-8 years. I use Team Viewer and Zoom meeting to conduct online meetings and review work together online. I am technologically versed in all types of Cadd programs, and other software that help me in my design business.

I am happy to talk with you about your design needs, or to review your plan with you online to see how we could work together. I am on the east coast of SW Florida. My rates can be discussed on a per project basis, or hourly based on the size and scope of the project.

Douglas Burgmann
      Accurate As-Builts & Design
      (970)987-4476 cell
      email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      Web: http://www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234

DCB Designs_Resume-(08-10-17) - FL.docx
      Pattillo Recomendation Letter0001.pdf

• By QuadraCadDesigns
      Offering Drafting & Design Services using Chief Home Designer Pro 2019 & Chief Architect X2

Check out my feedback on Upwork.com with the link below
      https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01678a23bb159e53a0 

Rates $15.00/hr

References Available
      Thanks
      Lee Trahan
      Quadra-Cad Designs
      (207)509-8453

• By RBHDesign
      I purchased Chief Architect Premier X7 to design our own house and have no need for it anymore.  Looking to sell my lifetime software license for $995 to recoup some of the original purchase cost ($2,695).  Software can be downloaded directly from the Chief Architect website (digital locker) after license transfer agreement is recorded (I will arrange and pay $100 transfer fee). 

Great option if you want full design functionality of this great program, but don't want to pay full price for latest version to get all the latest options.
    • By DCB123
      I work in Chief Architect X10 drafting support at an reasonable hourly rate, or by the job at a sq ftg price for bigger jobs.
      I have well over (10) years of Chief and architectural design experience.
      Samples of my work are on my website www.dcbcaddesigns.com,
      or on Facebook at dcb1234.

Please feel free to IM me, or better yet, give me a call, to see how we can
      illuminate your next project for you. I am on Eastern Time zone here in SW Florida.
      I look forward to hearing from you!
      Thx,

Douglas Burgmann
      Accurate As-builts & Design
      (970)987-4476 cell
      email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      web: www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234
       DCB Designs_Resume-(08-10-17) - FL.docxCity Reference Letter Burgmann.pdfPattillo Recomendation Letter0001.pdfDCB Designs_Resume-(12-12-16) - FL.docx