Uncapped Ends Of Pony Walls

ESINGER7

I came up with a work-round for this in that you make the shower pony-walls, lower wall have whatever material you wish exposed, setting it as that wall types' "Structural Layer" (it is merely a 3D appearance and plays hob with your materials list, if you care about that). I commonly set the structural layer to the same tile material I have on the shower interior walls, so you see tile instead of a fur wood pattern. The upper wall can be centered or placed where you wish via the pony wall - wall type dialog.

A secondary method is to cap the transition point of the pony wall with a custom slab, counter top or poly-line solid, both methods are workable and get visual results.

DJP

• Like 1

Thank you all for responding so fast, and yes I did mean to upload a picture but I guess I didn't.  I went with the single layer wall. works great.  If you don't mind I have one more question. I'm having trouble getting my wall tile to show up on the material calc. list.  I'm new to this part of CA and would appreciate any help u can give me.

ES

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bassbud
    Newest Member
    Bassbud

• By Tdgdesign
      Hi, using X9 and want to have my exterior pony walls display the lower brick clad wall in plan view so I can see the brick hatching. Problem is the wall fill goes through my windows (cause they are in the upper wall). Is there a trick to get this to display the way I want without having to manually draw in a region and hatch it?  Thanks!
    • By Designer100
      Roof Issue - just domers need to show on new second floor plan. It is Showing new roof over part of new second floor. Need the walls to just go to bottom of Plate line of existing roof joists.. Can any one help?

Would be appreciated. 

Newell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
      Suttles.James Remodeling 04.2016.plan
    • By SNestor
      I have a condition where the first floor wall is a pony wall and the foundation wall below is also a pony wall.

When I build the foundation...the foundation pony wall does not automatically align properly with the frame pony wall above.  Have I set something wrong in the pony wall DBX or is there a way to get these walls to align properly...and automatically.

I've attached a sample plan.

Pony Wall Example 1.plan