PitMan71 Posted Saturday at 02:54 PM Share Posted Saturday at 02:54 PM Hello all.... What is the best approach to build the curved stair wall at the stairs? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rpadge Posted Saturday at 03:43 PM Share Posted Saturday at 03:43 PM This video may help 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Solution robdyck Posted Saturday at 10:04 PM Solution Share Posted Saturday at 10:04 PM I'd suggest using a wall (no room definition) with a wall cap. Use CAD lines and arcs to create exact geometry for reference and snapping. Work on one side of the stairs only and copy/reflect about the center when complete. Draw the wall at an angle. In section view, manually lower the top of the wall to be parallel with the rise angle. Then, in plan view, curve the wall and set it's radius to match your CAD reference arc. Use the point-to-point move tool to align the arc centers. For the stairs, first add and shape the flare and I'd also make sure winders is checked. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PitMan71 Posted Sunday at 01:48 AM Author Share Posted Sunday at 01:48 AM (edited) Thanks. I had already tried both of these options . The wall didnt work as well. I will give it another shot though. Thanks all. Edited Sunday at 01:49 AM by PitMan71 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PitMan71 Posted Tuesday at 08:53 PM Author Share Posted Tuesday at 08:53 PM Wound up using the walls. Worked perfectly. Thanks. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JonathanK Posted Wednesday at 01:49 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 01:49 PM I know this has already been answered, but unfortunately my go-to in "weird things" is to just use solids. Maybe that stems from older versions where you always used to get odd behavior when you tried to do it the way it would actually be built...so I would just create everything manually. Good to see that there are better ways to do these types of things now. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now