Framing Line Label

Joe_Carrick

So I need the new library item  in post #24 and then have to change the new library item's macro to the one in   post no#27 ? (same macro as your other thread right? 

and RTB  ?  doesn't mean Return To Base I'm guessing :) 

not so much here , think I must have screwed something up between this thread and the macro thread but perhaps I misunderstood ? as I thought it labelled the framing members and auto noted the spacing?

after placing the library item I open the RTB ,delete text and insert the Framing Member(s) macro previously imported  ( from this or other thread , I think they are the same?)

post-315-0-98337600-1429908401_thumb.jpg

Spacing is not automatic.  Unfortunately the attribute for spacing is not available to Ruby.  You need to add that in the RTB after the %Framing Member(s)% yourself. 

ie: %Framing Member(s)% @ 16" o.c.. or whatever your spacing is.

Joe says he's retiring when X9 hits the stand

Not gonna happen!

The only reason I am not on X10 is that I don't know what it's going to be called.  X10, XX, XArch_1,.... ???  :rolleyes::lol:  Based on my family history I figure I've got at least 25 more years.  I could be using Chief Version XL3 by then.   Hmm., sounds like a BMW.

xx

Spacing is not automatic.  Unfortunately the attribute for spacing is not available to Ruby.  You need to add that in the RTB after the %Framing Member(s)% yourself. 

ie: %Framing Member(s)% @ 16" o.c.. or whatever your spacing is.

Ok , thanks again Joe , as you can tell I am a newbie when it comes to the inner workings of CA , there's no way I ,or many others I suspect ,even at what I think is "CA Guru Level" could ever figure this stuff out ,as I am not part computer programmer, so I will have to shamelessly use your work ,which I am always happy to see you are willing to share.   :)