Joist Direction Line Problem

fangelo

Here are my snap settings:

Joe,  I tried those settings,  still no go.  Again,  I had arrow pointing to a piece of lumber,  label good,  change lumber to tji and I lost label,  turned back to lumber and correct label came back.

My computer is not recognizing the tji's.

Do you guys have Object Snaps turned on?  When you grab the tip of the arrow and drag it onto the TJI it should show a snap indicator.  There is nothing different with a TJI vs a piece of Lumber than the width.  Object Snaps should over-ride the Grid Snaps.

BTW, Switching from Lumber to TJI would of course disconnect.  The edge of the Framing Member has moved so the connection is broken - you have to reconnect.

That is not correct.  If I have a label arrow attached to lumber,  it reads correctly,  if I change to TJI,  I lose the correct label,  I change back to lumber and I get correct label,  I can go back and forth all day,  never reconnecting arrow,  and it will read correctly if I use lumber,  it will not read correctly if I use a TJI.

Perry,

My Grid Snaps are set to 1".  That's the same for Scott's Plan.

I did find that Scott had "Object Snaps" turned off in the Plan he posted.  I turned them on and have no problem keeping a connection.

Thanks Joe, I'll try 1" and see if that makes a difference

Joe, It does not appear to be a connection issue b/c with the Framing Line Label yielding an Evaluation Error (connected to the i-joist), if I open the Text Object and add the ObjectProperties Macro, it yields all of the available parameters.

I have seen a number of "quirky" issues with X7, so who knows? When I have a chance I will try it X6 to see if it makes a difference.

post-571-0-60888500-1429631910_thumb.jpg

post-571-0-43115100-1429631925_thumb.jpg

Scott,

Move the Arrowhead to the far side of the Framing Member.  See what happens then.  It doesn't make any difference on my system (I can switch back and forth between Lumber and I-Joists all day and I get the correct text) but who knows - maybe the arrowhead just needs to be in a slightly different location.

IAE, I would really like to know if when it fails on your system - can you connect the arrow to the TJI and get it to work right?

Joe,  I have tried both sides,  I have tried voodoo chants,  I have tried the rain dance,  I have found nothing that works.  Even if I found something that works,  should it be this difficult?   Mickey and I are both having problems,  I cannot explain it.  

Scott is on a Mac, and I am on Windows machine (7). I have the latest Chief update installed.

Tried to run it in X6, but as you probably know that is not possible.

Be interested to know if any other users viewing this thread have had the same problem.

Thanks for taking the time to try to resolve it!

Perry,

If the new one doesn't work then I'll post the macro and you can add it directly to a RTB.  It seems that sometimes when importing a Library Object that has a macro it might not replace a macro of the same name.  IAE, I have determined that it really isn't so much a connection problem as it was the fact that the macro was wrong.