Roof Returns

Hatrak

Am I missing something? ,cos that's what the Auto Roof return settings are for eg the pic below is a 42" Return with a 12" extension and hip roof (and ridgecaps and gutters turned on) 

why would you do it manually?

post-315-0-11097000-1428709507_thumb.jpg

Edit ...I see you found the answer while I was doing the test plan above :)

Don't think that would work, Larry. Because it extends the main roof, it has to be the same pitch. What's a bit misleading, is that in both the article mentioned above, as well as what is shown in the X1 reference manual I have, only three examples are shown, while excluding the extended one. I just natually thot that was the only automatically way it could be done, so just glossed over the "extension" mention. Silly me!

David, it is not you. While the documentation in Chief is generally pretty good, there are situations where it could be made much better. This is one of those cases. I usually hit the Help button at the bottom of the dialog box if I am not certain about what a setting signifies, but even here the explanation seems to be somewhat lacking. And so yes, they could have easily included a picture of one of the three return styles using the Extend feature. Another case where a picture is worth a thousand words

post-571-0-91136300-1428757145_thumb.jpg

post-571-0-17439100-1428757217_thumb.jpg