Is There A Way To Retain Room Definitions...

HumbleChief

...and not have outside railing rooms revert to 'Decks'? I'm finding I have no use for 'Deck' rooms and want to just leave as unspecified because they just seem to behave better. However whenever anything is changed on the railing walls Chief reverts those rooms back to "deck' rooms.

Is there a way to retain the room def and not have it revert to Deck?

Larry, I read your post a couple of times and I must say, I do not know what you are talking about in terms of automatic tendencies or behavior. When I do not want a space to be a deck, I give it some other room name and program its settings.

I do not know what you are asking by : "Is there a way to retain the room def and not have it revert to Deck?", I mean , I experience this differently than you do I guess. I draw and program the spaces, not a mechanical device running automatically. Chief is merely a tool which you direct to a result, nothing more.

DJP

Are you using a deck railing or a normal railing?

There is some automatic behavior associated with using a deck railing where the program will always create a deck room.  If you don't want deck rooms, then you should probably use the normal railing tool instead.

Larry, I read your post a couple of times and I must say, I do not know what you are talking about in terms of automatic tendencies or behavior. When I do not want a space to be a deck, I give it some other room name and program its settings.

I do not know what you are asking by : "Is there a way to retain the room def and not have it revert to Deck?", I mean , I experience this differently than you do I guess. I draw and program the spaces, not a mechanical device running automatically. Chief is merely a tool which you direct to a result, nothing more.

DJP

I think Dermot's on to the/my problem. If using a deck railing and you change even the color of a rail the room reverts to a deck. Makes perfect sense. I'll try a regular railing wall instead.