Trying to build outdoor patios and cannot figure out how to do columns...

65Shelby

Morning all, I found one CA article that details how to build a room with columns, but it does not appear to be working for me for some reason.  So far, I went a different route and and built a room with invisible walls...

image.thumb.png.764c6b2b53559dc46b18bd8a9f488475.png

Im trying to spec out a second patio cover to start gathering bids.

image.thumb.png.48182bbd857bee736cd3cafb303da256.png

Any easy ways to get those columns to appear?  I dont mind redoing the rooms.  And lastly, if someone knows how to create a louvered wall, that would be awesome...

image.thumb.png.3607aba3ce131e66830556a504d9ab1b.png

Set your railing to use "post to ceiling" to get the columns. 

To get the louvered wall, you can set your railing to use "panels" and then you will have to make a panel symbol that has the number and size of louvers you need.  You will also need to set the the railing height to the height of your wall.  You could create the panel symbol using polyline solids but you may be able to cheat and use a louvered door without a frame, jamb, or casing. 

In the first picture below, I just used a fence panel from the library to show the railing with post to ceiling.  In the second, I am showing a louvered door to show you how it can be used to build your panel symbol although you may be able to get away with just using the doors in the railings.

image.thumb.png.695891628475ed8a443b00e9b182951f.png

image.thumb.png.100f82039683bb35ebafda13620edf26.png

Ok cancel everything...  I just figured out how to do this... I may have cheated but its working... I went to the Library Browser and found a column and placed 4 of them in there.  I may not be engineered or legal but I am just trying to show potential contractors what I want done...  Here we go....

2024-09-22 15_52_57-Window.jpg