Ray Trace Haze / Fog Problem

Connelly

I am having a problem with haze in ray trace renderings. This is the best result so far, but it is not good. Ray trace method is CPU (only option for the computer). The same haze issue is happening in PBR (no ray trace). Any suggestions on how t get rid o the haze?

The darker picture is ray trace. The brighter picture is PBR (no ray trace).

Computer is an iMac with an Intel chip.

CPU Ray Trace Options ->

General: 1024 x 689 pixels, 72 ppi, 30 passes, all other items unchecked.

Lighting: Use Automatic Settings, Use Ambient Occlusion min=0.2, max=0.6, Direct sunlight = 2.0, Enable Environment Light = 1.5, Use Color (white), Light Set = Custom light set

Image Properties: Use Tone Mapping, Auto Contrast, Intensity=50%, Softness=0%, Color Correction=0%, General Properties Brightness=60%, Contrast=50%, Saturation = 59%

Adjust Sunlight: 500 lux, tilt angle -23º, Direction angle 85º

Camera Options -> Perspective Full Overview Specification: Show color, Shaow Shadows, Ray Casted Sun Shadows, Reflections, Bloom, Edge Smoothing when Idle, Ambient Occlusion 0%, Use Sunlight, Light Set - Custom light set

I have tried changing every setting, and still haze. Tone mapping on = haze, tone mapping off = haze. Occlusion = 0%, 50%, 100%, all have haze. Sunlight at 500 lux to 100,000 lux = haze, enable environmental light from 0.5 to 5.0 = haze. Every parameter has been changed and still haze.

-Connelly

RT kitchen small-1.jpg

PBR Kitchen, hazy.jpg

4 hours ago, Connelly said:

having a problem with haze in ray trace renderings

Haze is almost always caused by using way too bright sunlight.

Use PBR and set samples to 50 until you get the result you're looking for. (it's quicker)

Here are my PBR settings...

image.thumb.png.ea503925ad9c204d8f3744eb85ccf826.png

This is a screen shot of the result.  Took a little less than a minute for the PBR to go through 50 samples.  (pretty sad, but that's a Mac for ya)

image.thumb.png.29f4139e9f9aaef933238d17ec8cdea8.png

Michael, I am on a Mac with an Intel CPU and no graphics card. PBR is not ray tracing on my computer. also, I have set sunlight all the way down to 1 lux. It makes no difference.

Having the lights on does not mean the camera will use them. That DBX I posted is from the camera that you are using. The default number of lights is lower than the 80 I am showing. If it is at the default, the lights in your kitchen may not be used in the render even though they are set to ON.