How to remove unwanted outlines

westvale

It looks like this view has Hand Drawn Lines over top. It seems they just do that for 3D plants. Never noticed that before.

image.thumb.png.42f0393687d0d51ba662508dc0271175.png

Probably report that, doesn't seem too desirable.

The wall lines though is hard to say why without seeing the plan. Might be some wall type issue. I assume you see the same lines in a Vector view too?

Post the plan and we can check it further.

• Like 1

The lines at the trees can't be removed; each leaf is a symbol with a png image applied as the texture. The lines outline the symbol of the leaf so there's no way around this other than to blend images in a photo editor.

The wall lines show because you have a texture / material issue. My guess is that you have painted walls and the material looks the same but is not the same. You can most likely fix this by selecting the wall texture from one wall with the eyedropper tool and painting the wall beside it in 'plan mode'. Or find the textures in Plan Materials and merge them.

It's always best when walls use the default material, but the actions above should give you a quick fix.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robdyck said:

The lines at the trees can't be removed; each leaf is a symbol with a png image applied as the texture. The lines outline the symbol of the leaf so there's no way around this other than to blend images in a photo editor.

The wall lines show because you have a texture / material issue. My guess is that you have painted walls and the material looks the same but is not the same. You can most likely fix this by selecting the wall texture from one wall with the eyedropper tool and painting the wall beside it in 'plan mode'. Or find the textures in Plan Materials and merge them.

It's always best when walls use the default material, but the actions above should give you a quick fix.

Hi Robert, I checked and it looks to me that the material is the same.  Painting in plan mode didn't work.  Here's a snapshot of my plan materials showing there isn't multiples of the same thing. 

image.thumb.png.f6ac791d3a6cc0139281e8dc1e4480f8.png

The reason you have lines in the exterior wall material is because the walls have been painted using more than one version of the material. In your plan, there were 3 instances of that material. By merging all 3 into 1 material, the lines disappear.

This is worth noting for future projects and other types of objects; even if the materials have the exact same properties, they will generate lines at different surfaces.

25 minutes ago, robdyck said:

The reason you have lines in the exterior wall material is because the walls have been painted using more than one version of the material. In your plan, there were 3 instances of that material. By merging all 3 into 1 material, the lines disappear.

This is worth noting for future projects and other types of objects; even if the materials have the exact same properties, they will generate lines at different surfaces.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info. I tried to do as you said, but I'm only seeing one version of the material in Plan Materials.

23 hours ago, TeaTime said:

It looks like this view has Hand Drawn Lines over top. It seems they just do that for 3D plants. Never noticed that before.

image.thumb.png.42f0393687d0d51ba662508dc0271175.png

Probably report that, doesn't seem too desirable.

The wall lines though is hard to say why without seeing the plan. Might be some wall type issue. I assume you see the same lines in a Vector view too?

Post the plan and we can check it further.

Nothing they will be able to do about it until they change the outline to override to an opacity mask and then update all library items to use opacity masks