Text copy from one plan to another

mtldesigns

I mentioned in a previous post (unrelated to todays question), I have a plan model of all my standard cad details.  Something I started years ago and as every new and special detail comes up, I add it to this for future use.  All my standards are in this as well, you know, wall to foundation, decking to walls, etc..  Since I have updated to X16, when I copy these details to the new plan to be used on that specific project, I have to copy twice.  Meaning none of the text come with my first copy, just the geometry and dimensions.  I have to do a second copy of just the text.  Obviously if I am able to copy a second time, this is not a layer thing (locked).  Is this common with 16, since I know for a fact it worked great x15 and the previous releases?

I know I am responding to my own OP, but more here is more information.  Actually, the text is coming in, its just way off the page.  And this is doing the same thing copying multiple lines of text with in the same model as well, single line is fine.  I am hoping that since this plan was originally done in X14 and now we are in 16, there are some small glitches. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

Screenshot 2024-07-21 223533.png

9 hours ago, MoeGia said:

I'm blocking the entire detail before copying

Exactly what I had to do as well.  So it's not just me.

Hey Maureen, where did you find that was a reported issue?  I thought I had searched before I posted, and didn't see anything.

on a related note this also happens if you copy from a CAD detail in your project browser that has a dimension in it, along with text

I can highlight a dimension and a polyline and copy to a plan view, but I cannot highlight a dimension and text and copy to the plan view. only the dimension comes across. But if I select the text and copy I can paste it to the plan view. I fI select all three, copy and paste in a plan view only the dimension and polyline paste. I have to go back and copy the text

8 hours ago, MoeGia said:

I reported the issue and it was confirmed by tech support.  As Jason noted, it's caused when dimensions are included in the copy selection.

thanks, now I do not have to report!

• Like 1