Roof Planes need help

Cadwork22

Go to solution Solved by Garybills,

I'm having issues with the roof plan.  Auto Rebuild is not working at all.  I did a manual gable over the main building, however as you can see in the attached photo, the end is protruding...

Also, you can see the separate mechanical building, the roof plane tool is a bit off and there is a "box" around the plane.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy3.zip

1617432731_Screenshot2024-06-24081632.thumb.png.82cd628cac10bc8b1cbfeaeb770a0d71.png

Make a copy named Chieftalk Q.  Or whatever you want to call it.  Strip the file of everything but structure, i.e., take out all fixtures, furniture, 3D solids, etc., leaving just walls, floors, roof planes.  Save it and close it and zip it, or if it is under 15 Mb, just attach.

• Like 1

I made a copy, stripped it, labeled it, and attached a zip file.   I need help to fix the issues with the gable (see attached main building). and the hip roof on the mech building (96' height, 3/12 slope.  Let me know what diagnosis is, so I can fix in the main copy.

Thanks

Michael

Screenshot 2024-06-24 125154.png

Chieftalk Q (2).zip

• Solution

Check your roof Structure, roof layer, surface and Black standing seam, uncheck purlins and that will fix the roof not showing up. Then you can draw the manual hip roof over the mechanical building.

Capture.thumb.PNG.0a5675db1f8a080480e8cb6cfecea22b.PNG

• Like 1

And, to add to Gary's comments, you could do the entire roof automatically if you set your ceiling's correctly in the main building, and turn on "roof over this room" in the separate mechanical room.

• Like 1