Technical Illustration Elevation - weird light orb?

westvale

Hi friends,

I'm using the technical illustration rendering technique for my interior elevations, and there's a weird light orb on the image, top, center. Is there a way to get rid of this?

image.thumb.png.933e52ed1b2ef6a6a9d8886b3b0ae1d1.png

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, westvale said:

Is there a way to get rid of this?

Just by not using Tech Illustration.

That glare is an effect of that rendering technique, you'll see it way more pronounced if you change your Warm color to something darker.

image.thumb.png.0828d2dad16ab4e65154150542d9c47e.png

You'll also notice that its location is relative to the viewport, as you pan the view around you'll see that it stays where it is on the screen as the model moves around. You can pan the view down away from the glare, but sadly when its sent to Layout it doesn't respect that positioning.

I don't think there's any way to change that. Probably just change to Vector View, or learn to live with the glare.

1 hour ago, westvale said:

Bummer.  Thanks anyway.

Without seeing one of your finished plan sets or chatting with you about your visual preferences, I'm pretty sure there are other techniques that would achieve what you're after and possibly even add some improvements you might not have thought of. You could always send me a PM if you'd like to discuss this further and aren't interested in posting a plan on the forum.

On 6/12/2024 at 6:51 PM, westvale said:

Hi friends,

I'm using the technical illustration rendering technique for my interior elevations, and there's a weird light orb on the image, top, center. Is there a way to get rid of this?

image.thumb.png.933e52ed1b2ef6a6a9d8886b3b0ae1d1.png

i have same issue of this...and been wanting to ask this question.

@westvale @buzzsaw204

The default lighting for your camera is probably the sun, set to follow the camera.

• Open the 'Adjust Sunlight' dialog.
  • Uncheck 'Sun Follows Camera'.
  • Use the sliders to adjust the sunlight direction until you're happy with the effect. A tilt angle of -90 degrees will move the sunlight high enough that your view will have fairly even lighting without the light spot.
  • Upvote 1