HASP not recognized.

mike08251

I have been using CA for over 20 years. I use it for my own projects and never had to update beyond V10 Full. I have migrated to several PC's during that time with no problems. This time I installed the software on a new PC, and I can't get CA to see the security HASP. (It lights up) I have been on several web sites and have downloaded drivers with no luck. The current driver I am using that works is Sentinel V.7.54 under Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.  Mike

4 hours ago, JiAngelo said:

I think those drivers are 32-bit.  Is your windows 64-bit?  

This link may help you 

This is my older post and I chose to get an old spec 32bit XP pro gaming PC mostly new from eBay in order to archive my all my older plan files. I got both CA9.5 & 10 dongles working on this pc by manually installing the drivers from the CA CD’s.

Another option would be to just buy the latest Home Designer Pro instead and use that instead of buying an old spec PC. 

Some have been able to get the old CAV10 dongle to work on a W10 lap top PC.

As an option... if the older computer is still functional, load V10 on that system.

Do a remote connect from your new computer. 

It's kind of like having a Cloud based server, but with an old school machine. 

In terms of the 64 bit vs. 32 bit, that could be the issue. Until then... sharing is pretty easy to set up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mike08251 said:

That is the one I have. The driver is 7/2/2021 V8.3.0.0 (sys32\akshasp.dll) Safteynet Inc.

Please let us know if you were able to get it working on a newer windows PC as I would like to be able to run V10 on a newer PC.

I am currently running Full Version 10 on the configuration below with NO problems. The HASP drivers are older.

PROCESSOR: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU      E5800  @ 3.20GHz   3.20 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

WINDOWS: Win 10 Home

OS BUILD: 19045.4474

EXPERIENCE: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19058.1000.0

I have installed on a new PC with Win 10 Pro that is also 64 bit. I have loaded new HASP drivers from THALES website and CA still does not recognize the HASP. The drivers state, "Device is working Properly" but under events it states "Requires furth installation".

Still working on the problem.

Part 1 of 2.

There is a 14mb limit on what can be uploaded so I had to break up my response into two parts. Make a folder called Sentinel Hasp on you computer. Unzip All Files.zip and Drivers.zip into it. You should have two subfolders named as All Files and Drivers after you do this. From Part 2 unzip Files.zip into the Sentinel Hasp folder that you made. 

You will have to delete the previous HASP drivers that you already have. Follow the instructions in the Updating HASP Driver.doc

All Files.zip Drivers.zip Updating HASP Driver.doc

I set up an all-new install and verified the setup to be good You can run http://localhost:1947 to verify setup. I now believe CA v10 is unable to communicate with current drivers available. I need to try and go back to v7.54 (I can run this on my old PC). New install loaded 9.16

I tried to open a ticket for support with Thales Group. They informed me that they would not deal directly with me and that Chief Architect had to open the ticket for me, I'll now try 

Bob_Medvetz files.  I'll let you know the results.

On 6/11/2024 at 1:18 PM, Bob_Medvetz said:

Part 2 of 2

Unzip Files.zip into the Sentinel HASP folder. 

Good Luck

Files.zip 10.18 MB · 18 downloads

Bob, I tried your procedure and install went fine. Unfortunately, I get the same error from Hardware Lock Troubleshooter.

No ART hardware locks found.

SuperPro Error Code: 12 (Driver not installed)

HASP Error Code: -10

Going to follow your procedure with my old drivers that work on my old PC.

1. Did you install the 10.08b update for version 10?

2. What does device manger show in the properties tab with the HASP installed? You should see what is in the screen shots on the Word document.

31 minutes ago, Bob_Medvetz said:

1. Did you install the 10.08b update for version 10?

2. What does device manger show in the properties tab with the HASP installed? You should see what is in the screen shots on the Word document.

Yes on 10.08b and the device manager shows the sentinel drivers from your files

Just letting you all know that I also tried many of the things above and couldn’t get it to work on any of my 64 bit windows machines. So hence my decision to do what I did above. 

That is not to say that an IT professional cant get it to work on a 64 bit machine. Those drivers for the HASP lock or dongle are 32 bit and should theoretically work on a 64 bit machine but I couldn’t get it to work.