Create Sloped Wall

Chief doesn't draw sloped walls... however Chief can draw roof planes.

Suggestion...

• Draw an exterior wall and make it invisible. 
  • Draw the roof planes with a very steep negative pitch. 
  • Add skylights to the steep roof sections for the "windows". 
  • Use a 3D molding poly-line for the sill. 

After the first roof plane is created, the process should be easy. 

Edit... The attached plan file may be of help. 

(2) roof slope options.  (-77 in 12) as well as a positive slope (33 in 12).

It's a start...  The roof structure can be made thicker as necessary, but the general concept is there. 

Untitled 1.jpg1074955810_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.df1cf6baa472a8f9999cf4a7f3d95847.jpg

Untitled 1.plan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

this method had actually rolled through my mind but I thought surely there was an easier way I didn't know about...... but doesn't look like it.....

This is a funky little guest house that was supposedly bought at the New York World Fair.....

Thanks Doug. Chief Architect is certainly capable of building just about anything. 

And you’re welcome LD. That’s quite interesting about your project, because that’s exactly the timeframe when those slanted glass walls were quite popular.

The TWA terminal at JFK airport is not too far away. (From the Worlds Fairgrounds that is.)

The architecture at that time was incredibly cutting edge, and influenced many trends. …This is still probably one the coolest building ever.

image.thumb.png.8560123714153207cc98e118959deba5.png

Anyway, glad to have been of help. I can’t think of any other way to achieve the result with the exception of 3D solids …which would still be kind of tricky, since the facets are hard to make and join for a tilted wall section. 

Maybe when the Z versions come out, they’ll have a tilted wall option available. 

…All the best! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...